Ultra 150 heads shaving

Does anyone know how many thousandths to cut the stock heads to get to 145 lbs?

Just in case anyone wants to know,I cut .060 off my stock heads to get to 145 lbs. Hope this helps someone. You will also need to drill the stock dowel pin holes a little deeper to prevent interference.Why buy 300+ dollar heads when you can get the compression you need and be stealth about it!
    Thanks,
    Duane

Did you also recut the squish band to account for detonation? If not keep an eye on it, it might wind up costing you more than $300 to fix the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    Did you also recut the squish band to account for detonation? If not keep an eye on it, it might wind up costing you more than $300 to fix the damage.
    +1!!

Send them to SkiWorx.com to get cut. Its more to it then just shaving them. Unless your cool with running Race Gas. Otherwise you will need the dome re squished to safely allow for pump gas at 145 psi.

Do right and do it once, far cheaper then doing it twice.

I guess I should have been more specific. Having a background as a machinist in my earlier years, I have access to a lathe. After indicating the heads in one at a time, they were cut .060 on the gasket surface, clay tested , and the squish band needed to be setup. Don't know exactly what you guys runs yours at but I usually setup my 4 strokes at .036. Being that it is a 2 stroke and has a power stroke every stroke I went with .038. Power stroke my be offset by the smaller piston,less piston rock and less expansion but I am new to the 2 strokes. It also bears mentioning that the squish band can't be setup properly but simply cutting an angle as the piston dome is not a continuous angle,but rather a graduating angle and took some time to get right.Please excuse the short answer as I sometimes forget know one knows what I am thinking whenI type it. These type of mods are probably left to shops if you don't have motor building experience...
    Thanks,
    Duane

Thread Information