Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sho And 250x

+1

Sho And 250x

Went out today on my brothers new SHO and his 250x. After we put about 1 and half hours on the SHO we started having a few drags. The 250 kaw is not stock it has riva plate, block off plates, by pass breathers, blocked off blow off valve etc, it was showing 7920 rpms all day so its no slug. The SHO hole shot the ultra also had a little bit better mid range. The 250 was only about half a mph faster at the top end. The sho was showing 7800 rpm. The outside temp is a cold 12 degrees today so both skis liked it. The only thing I don't like about the sho is the bow steer feeling but I think the riva plate will fix that. We ordered the riva breather kit etc on line here last week so can't wait to get that on and have a re match. Now I have to make up my mind if I should sell my 250 and have two yamahas, I already have a FX HO which I realy like. The yamahas are just so much smoother in the engines than the Kaw, I also think the fit and finsh is better on the yams.

I think the yamaha virus has gotten a hold of you!!!! LOL

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    No Replacement for Displacement!!!! Had the same results with an Ultra I raced on Biscayne Bay...I holeshotted by a boat length and pulled another 1/2 length on mid range........then we pulled equally to top end where he started catching me on the top end...I was dead stock and he had at least exhaust mods (was loud and saw Riva and R&D stickers). Was in about 6 inch chop and I leaned over the handlebars to prevent bow lift/cavitation.....damn SHO likes to 'wheelie" on holeshot...gotta love 1800cc's mammoth torque...granted.....if the chop was alot worse or if we would have raced longer...he would have reeled me in prolly...but not that day!
    I tried to talk to him afterwards but he shot me a dirty look and took off so i was like 'ok .....w/e' .....i think he was prolly pissed cuZ he had to go change his oil....

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    No Replacement for Displacement!!!! Had the same results with an Ultra I raced on Biscayne Bay...I holeshotted by a boat length and pulled another 1/2 length on mid range........then we pulled equally to top end where he started catching me on the top end...I was dead stock and he had at least exhaust mods (was loud and saw Riva and R&D stickers). Was in about 6 inch chop and I leaned over the handlebars to prevent bow lift/cavitation.....damn SHO likes to 'wheelie" on holeshot...gotta love 1800cc's mammoth torque...granted.....if the chop was alot worse or if we would have raced longer...he would have reeled me in prolly...but not that day!
    I tried to talk to him afterwards but he shot me a dirty look and took off so i was like 'ok .....w/e' .....i think he was prolly pissed cuZ he had to go change his oil....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Went out today on my brothers new SHO and his 250x. After we put about 1 and half hours on the SHO we started having a few drags. The 250 kaw is not stock it has riva plate, block off plates, by pass breathers, blocked off blow off valve etc, it was showing 7920 rpms all day so its no slug. The SHO hole shot the ultra also had a little bit better mid range. The 250 was only about half a mph faster at the top end. The sho was showing 7800 rpm. The outside temp is a cold 12 degrees today so both skis liked it. The only thing I don't like about the sho is the bow steer feeling but I think the riva plate will fix that. We ordered the riva breather kit etc on line here last week so can't wait to get that on and have a re match. Now I have to make up my mind if I should sell my 250 and have two yamahas, I already have a FX HO which I realy like. The yamahas are just so much smoother in the engines than the Kaw, I also think the fit and finsh is better on the yams.
    12 degrees, where the heck are you?
    fussy1, how would you compare the fuel economy on these two machines?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    12 degrees, where the heck are you?
    fussy1, how would you compare the fuel economy on these two machines?
    Hi we live in Nelson New Zealand, All I know so far about the economy on the two skis is the Yam at the end of the day had half a tank left and the Kaw was on the low fuel buzzer. The Kaw did get ridden harder that day but it also has a bigger tank. So far its all looking good for the Yamaha especially when our fuel is $2.17 for 1 litre, there is 4.5 litres to a Gallon.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi we live in Nelson New Zealand, All I know so far about the economy on the two skis is the Yam at the end of the day had half a tank left and the Kaw was on the low fuel buzzer. The Kaw did get ridden harder that day but it also has a bigger tank. So far its all looking good for the Yamaha especially when our fuel is $2.17 for 1 litre, there is 4.5 litres to a Gallon.
    new Zealand?!?!...sweet...must be some beautiful rides out there......look me up[ if u come to South florida and i'll look u up if i ever get out to kiwi land.........def on my list of places i want to visit

+1
    SWEET!. . . there is a 250 here on my lake the lake isn't the longest.. so i think i can beat him then!!! o0o boy KING OF THE LAKE . . I THINK SOOO!!!

today i got to blow around a turbo honda . and i had a passenger!!! we went out of the hole and i was just impressed . . . we went from a 10-15 mph roll . . SMOKED HIM . . . i stayed next to him half of my lake . . and then got on it and still pulled a few jet ski lengths on him before i had to let off. . . YES ALL OF THIS WAS WITH A PASSENGER !!!! . . . I LOVE THE SHO!!!! . . .

hopefully the 250x will come play soon !!!
    btw . . ran the s.c seadoo gtx lmtd (07) and i pull, but very little on him also!!! not as much fun as this honda turbo was!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    new Zealand?!?!...sweet...must be some beautiful rides out there......look me up[ if u come to South florida and i'll look u up if i ever get out to kiwi land.........def on my list of places i want to visit
    Hi Mate. Got to vist Florida last year, wow nice place. Went to riva while we were there. Come on down to the bottom of the world for a ride, its winter here at present so a bit cold. We do have some unreal places to ride here, very clean and green.

sho vs. 250

Well i wasn't sure about the sho or the ultra but i have always loved the fx hull. I have a fx cruiser and need something faster but i love the fx so i think i've made up my mind. Thanks this is exactly the thread i needed to make up my mind.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information