+1

R&D vent kit baffles.

I'm in the middle of installing my crank vent and catch can goodies from Earthshaker
    I thought I would post a pic of the inside of a 07 vent box with the R&D kit installed. I wanted to see if anyone could figure out what the baffles actually do to help or redirect the flow out of the vent tube on the block.
    I'll post another thread about pulling the vent box without removing the exhaust manifold later on this afternoon. Gotta go to Lowes and get a larger unibit so I can drill out the hole for the gromit that comes in the OCMS kit.
    Check out the diff in size between the stock tube and gromit VS the OCMS ones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	novalast 047.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	988.3 KB 
ID:	77624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	novalast 027.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	77625  
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 07-15-2008 at 08:39 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I'm in the middle of installing my crank vent and catch can goodies from Earthshaker
    I thought I would post a pic of the inside of a 07 vent box with the R&D kit installed. I wanted to see if anyone could figure out what the baffles actually do to help or redirect the flow out of the vent tube on the block.
    I'll post another thread about pulling the vent box without removing the exhaust manifold later on this afternoon. Gotta go to Lowes and get a larger unibit so I can drill out the hole for the gromit that comes in the OCMS kit.
    Check out the diff in size between the stock tube and gromit VS the OCMS ones

The baffles are there to act like a chevron or mositure seperator. It should seperate the heavy vapor or condensed gas out of the air by forcing the air to make several turns and collisions before exiting. If I remember correctly it is a direct path to the entrance and exit.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 07-15-2008 at 08:40 PM.

I removed my box and got the 08 hose straight to the valve cover.

jw..when the vapor leaves the breather box and goes into the valve cover what is this doing?..i ask because my hose that goes from the box to valve cover is becoming hard and losing the new grey color?..is too much fuel vapor entering the valve cover area?

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterScooter View Post
    jw..when the vapor leaves the breather box and goes into the valve cover what is this doing?..i ask because my hose that goes from the box to valve cover is becoming hard and losing the new grey color?..is too much fuel vapor entering the valve cover area?
    That factory tubing is properly rated to carry crankcase vapor (NBR). You say the outside is loosing it's color and getting hard....You might want to change what you are using for corrosion prevention and try Fluid Film which contains no solvent. It could also be just heat, dryness, or possibly sun faded too.

You can also clearly see that crankcase oil and fuel vapor is condensing or at least being separated by baffling to a degree inside that box on Beagle's ski to stay on track and inline with what JW said, as I agree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beagle's box.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	77636  

Thread Information