VX Deluxe vs F12X

I'm looking to buy my first PWC and it's probably between these 2 models. Decision comes to price and the dealers/service around. The Yamaha is an 07 still in the crate and the Honda is an 05 demo with 8 hours. Both are around $8100.

I don't know alot about PWC's yet but am trying to learn as much as I can. Basically comes down to wanting some opinions on which one you guys would pick and why. It's going to be used to just have some fun and tow some people on a tube.

Only concern with the VX is if it will be powerful enough and with the Honda I believe its gonna be burning premium. Already have a snowmobile that does that so I was looking to avoid it on the water. Trying to save some money. Obviously I don't want to buy something and later wish I would have gotten the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

bassdocktor

Banned User
    My dad has the VX Deluxe and he loves it. Personally I would look into something alittle more powerful, possibly a HO or SHO.

With a HO or a SHO you can tow people and still go fast when your not.

Also look at a RXT, and a Kawasaki 15F I believe.

But if your decision is strictly between the yamaha or the Honda I would go with the Yamaha anyday, basically because I have ridden on one and I can vouch to say I love it.
    Last edited by Kevinn; 06-16-2008 at 02:38 AM.

Find a slightly used FX-Ho in your price range

If they are both the same exact price I would probably go with the yamaha. The honda may be a bit more faster, but not extremely faster and not worth the money IMO. The VX is the best fuel economy ski on the market and since it's the deluxe it will have reverse. Yamaha is a reliable company and honestly, Honda hasn't been "into" watercraft just until this year with their release of the F15x. So I think you should go with the VX110, and maybe try and negotiate to like $7800 or so.

Thanks for the replies. Probably am gonna go with the Yamaha. Won't have to travel out of my way to pick it up. All the reviews seem pretty favorable.

I would look for something like a used HO but if my mom wants to actually use it I need to be sure everything is good on it. Not someone elses problems. She would be happy if it died on her. Plus I haven't been able to find any at a decent price.

italianstallion314 I started to realize there was little difference in the speed. I think the turbo was what was getting me. That $8100 included everything including a new oneplace trailer. They said it would have everything with it so I could actually take it right to the lake.

Now I just have get into the boater safety class. I'll let you guys know how it all turns out.

Thanks for the replys.

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    Find a slightly used FX-Ho in your price range
    +1

I'd recommend the Kawasaki 15f...i received quotes here in NC for $8000 incl taxes, etc. (no trailer). This ski is bulletproof and powerful at 160hp. Kawa lowered the price on the 08s over $1000 and discontinued the 12f model.

You may be able to find one around $8100 w/ trailer if you do your homework. It's a better ski than the VX in my opinion ( i own a FX Ho and 12f). A monster on water compared to the VX and alot of other models.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I ultimately decided on the Deluxe. Just seems like it will be the best fit. Plus it seems to be the best on gas too. I'll be picking it up Saturday morning. After I get some time on it I'll let you guys know what I think.

Any advice for a first time pwc owner? We've had a boat for some time and recently snowmobile but never a pwc. So this will be a new adventure.

REVIEW

Like I said I thought I'd post my thoughts about the VX Deluxe. Got it broken in this weekend. Definitely a job for a much bigger lake. I can't even tell you how many time I went around the lake.

Started right up with no prolems. Seemed like a smooth ride. It's a small lake around 69 acres so with 2 other skis and a boat running it was getting pretty choppy. Seemed to actually go through some of the wakes and chop nicer than our bass boat.

Handled nicely. Seems like the speedometer is reading alot faster than it actually is because there was no way I was going 60. Overall I'm very happy. Hopefully I can post some more feedback as I get it more later on this week.

The only downside I noticed was it seemed like a pretty wet ride compare top what others told me it would be. I'm not complaining just an observation.

Just thought I'd post some final thoughts on the VX.

Seems to pull pretty good with 2 people. Seems the more time it gets on the engine the better it runs.

Only complaint are the mirrors. Basically useless. If a tuber was right behind me I couldn't see them at all. I guess they are too low and too far forward.

Went through or over some rather large boat wakes. Went through very smooth.

Thread Information