Best of both worlds

Today was one of those perfect condition days. I got out at about 8:15 AM. A storm passed over and we (my wife and I) waited for it to blow over. About 8:30 we launched. The intercoastal was flat and plenty of room to go WOT for a long time as there was nobody out yet.

Saw a couple of big rainbows. Saw a dolphin in the intercoastal. First I thought it was a manatee because I never saw a dolphin in those waters. I was a bit worried that he could be trapped but he dissapeared.

It was overcast so it was not too hot out. Then we went out the inlet (Boynton Beach) and the waves were about 4 or 5 ft. Nice steady rollers. Just perfect.

Saw a guy on a GTX limited along side a cop in the intercoastal. I later spoke to him. He just picked it up brand new yesterday and got a ticket today. It was clearly marked as a no wake zone but he blasted through it and got snagged.

Had to go back in because the Mrs. landed real hard after getting some really good air on her RXT and wrenched her back and neck a bit. So we figured we would stay in the calm water for the rest of the ride. She is a great rider. I looked back at her the other week and she was following a BIG tug boat. She was on top of the wake ( a big wake) at a 45 degree angle with the front of the ski in the air and from the intake grate on back she was hooked in. Pretty cool to see someone do that. She has great balance and timing.

Real fun day. That is what it's all about!!

Glad to hear you had a good day except fot the whole back thing. Hopefully she will be better soon.

jack: Glad to hear you guys had a great day, Sorry to hear about the misses injury.
    We`ve seen Dolphins in the intercoastal in NC alongside a family members boat! that was cool!...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-03-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Around here jacksonville and st. augustine we have a lot of dolphins in the intracoastal waterway.No need to worry about them. They navigate better than I do with a gps

Thanks I had no idea. I enjoyed seeing it. I see them out in the ocean often but that was a first.

Thread Information