Stock '06 RXT - what Prop?

I'm just getting around to getting my ski (2006 RXT)ready for the summer and pulled my sc to send to Jerry for metal washers (40 hours to date on the ceramics). I then pulled my prop housing to reverse my wear ring and noticed the leading edges of my prop are pretty bad, as is the wear ring. I sucked up some shells last year....lost about 2-3mph right after doing so. My ride is stock, except I bought a Riva 3" power intake which I will put on. I don't plan on other mods. Would you folks suggest I put on a new stock prop or get an aftermarket one from Jerry (if so, I would be more interested in higher speed vs. quicker holeshot). One last question - when I pulled my pump, there are two circular red-colored seals on the rear of the ski and a yellow seal. This yellow seal, which is a molded rubber ring on top of a thin washer, appears to be deformed and not entirely round. Thanks for your opinions. Steve

teeone,

Get a 14/17 from GH.

Would need a pic of the rubber washers/seals.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by teeone View Post
    I'm just getting around to getting my ski (2006 RXT)ready for the summer and pulled my sc to send to Jerry for metal washers (40 hours to date on the ceramics). I then pulled my prop housing to reverse my wear ring and noticed the leading edges of my prop are pretty bad, as is the wear ring. I sucked up some shells last year....lost about 2-3mph right after doing so. My ride is stock, except I bought a Riva 3" power intake which I will put on. I don't plan on other mods. Would you folks suggest I put on a new stock prop or get an aftermarket one from Jerry (if so, I would be more interested in higher speed vs. quicker holeshot). One last question - when I pulled my pump, there are two circular red-colored seals on the rear of the ski and a yellow seal. This yellow seal, which is a molded rubber ring on top of a thin washer, appears to be deformed and not entirely round. Thanks for your opinions. Steve
    Not a RXT guy but I would replace your wear ring with a SS wear ring out of the online store(code "greenhulk" get's 10% off) and get what ever stage I prop goes with your ski.
    The washer your talking about is a water restriction washer that restricts the water flow to your IC, without it you might blow your IC or the lines running to your IC. As long as the yellow tab washer and the two little white ones still fit in their hole, you should be good.

Alex

Thread Information