Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

My first ride on a SHO....

I own a 2008 Sea doo RXT-X. I live in Lake Havasu and know Bill Chapin of R&D. Bill was nice enough to go out with me the other day and let me ride his SHO with his performer kit installed.
    At first, Bill rode the SHO and I rode my T-X. We did some dead stop drag racing. He pulled me all the way. Then I rode the ski. It pulled just like my stock T-X, but maybe a little harder. It handled better, and just flat stayed stuck in turns, no matter what I did to it. I could make the T-X wash out in a turn if I tried...but no way could I make the SHO spin out. Now this SHO had modified fins, so that may have helped, but the SHO handled great.

Next were some GPS top speed runs. It was 91 deg out, and the water was calm. Our density altitude was 2400 feet. Up river he pulled me on top speed by 1.5mph...topping out at 70mph. Down river he pulled away from me again at 1.5mph for a speed of 71.5mph. I averaged 68mph...he averaged 70mph.

Thats not bad when you consider the SHO has less horsepower than a stock T-X, and is about 100lbs heavier. BTW, we both had full tanks of gas, and we both weigh about the same. We were both in full tuck mode, and side by side...and he pulled me from a standing start...and running start..and top speed. I was pretty impressed.

Next week we're going out and he's gonna be testing some wheels on the SHO, and I'm gonna start putting my performer kit pieces on, so I should have more info on the SHO performance as well as another thread on my T-X performance increases.

Keep in mind that temperature and altitude greatly affect the performance of supercharged engines. So we're going to try to compare apples to apples...but it does get pretty hot here in Lake Havasu.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I own a 2008 Sea doo RXT-X. I live in Lake Havasu and know Bill Chapin of R&D. Bill was nice enough to go out with me the other day and let me ride his SHO with his performer kit installed.
    At first, Bill rode the SHO and I rode my T-X. We did some dead stop drag racing. He pulled me all the way. Then I rode the ski. It pulled just like my stock T-X, but maybe a little harder. It handled better, and just flat stayed stuck in turns, no matter what I did to it. I could make the T-X wash out in a turn if I tried...but no way could I make the SHO spin out. Now this SHO had modified fins, so that may have helped, but the SHO handled great.

Next were some GPS top speed runs. It was 91 deg out, and the water was calm. Our density altitude was 2400 feet. Up river he pulled me on top speed by 1.5mph...topping out at 70mph. Down river he pulled away from me again at 1.5mph for a speed of 71.5mph. I averaged 68mph...he averaged 70mph.

Thats not bad when you consider the SHO has less horsepower than a stock T-X, and is about 100lbs heavier. BTW, we both had full tanks of gas, and we both weigh about the same. We were both in full tuck mode, and side by side...and he pulled me from a standing start...and running start..and top speed. I was pretty impressed.

Next week we're going out and he's gonna be testing some wheels on the SHO, and I'm gonna start putting my performer kit pieces on, so I should have more info on the SHO performance as well as another thread on my T-X performance increases.

Keep in mind that temperature and altitude greatly affect the performance of supercharged engines. So we're going to try to compare apples to apples...but it does get pretty hot here in Lake Havasu.
    Nice

was the SHO modified and the RXT-X stock?

awsome i'm sure all the SHO owners are over this

cant wait to see more results

If he was running 68 i would guess his RXTX is stock

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    very cool man.....love hearing the side-by-side comparisons of the different skis.....please keep us informed

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    was the SHO modified and the RXT-X stock?
    My RXT-X was stock, the SHO has all the item on the R&D performer list, plus SHO Power Core Intake/Intercooler CFM kit and the sponson kit. That sponson kit bites hard......even in rough water going through my own wake I couldn't get it unstuck. I'm gonna get one for my T-X eventually.
    The parts list is here:
    http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor.../performer.asp

One of the things I really like about the R&D stuff is if you don't like something, or it doesn't work for you, you can return it within 30days for a refund, even if you used it. Nice.

Im really excited to see the results of the new compressor wheels. The ski I rode had the stock wheel. Next week we'll probably do a wheel swap and check performance.

But remember.....its getting hot here...even in the morning. It may be tough for us to get out when its only 91 deg like before, and the heat just kills the performance of a supercharged engine.

I predict that with the performer kit and a different wheel, you'll see 75 out of a SHO with now problems. In fact, as the boat was when I rode it, if I was at sea level, and not 2400 ft density altitude, and had 1/4 tank of gas, it probably would have tickled 74....just a guess....

Remember, I bought the RXT-X, so I still prefer that boat. The SHO was my second choice, and it would have been blue. But I didn't want to wait for one. I saw a blue one last week and it looks sharp. I think there's a ton of performance that will be available out of the SHO.

Plus, you have like a 20 gallon gas tank.....are you kidding me?? I only have 15.9gallons.

Almost forgot. The SHO that I was riding is a brand spanking new one. This SHO was ridden in the Hahn 300 mile endurance race, and probably has well over 100 hours on it.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by iflyems; 06-14-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    My RXT-X was stock, the SHO has all the item on the R&D performer list, plus SHO Power Core Intake/Intercooler CFM kit and the sponson kit. That sponson kit bites hard......even in rough water going through my own wake I couldn't get it unstuck. I'm gonna get one for my T-X eventually.
    The parts list is here:
    http://www.rd-performance.com/perfor.../performer.asp

One of the things I really like about the R&D stuff is if you don't like something, or it doesn't work for you, you can return it within 30days for a refund, even if you used it. Nice.

Im really excited to see the results of the new compressor wheels. The ski I rode had the stock wheel. Next week we'll probably do a wheel swap and check performance.

But remember.....its getting hot here...even in the morning. It may be tough for us to get out when its only 91 deg like before, and the heat just kills the performance of a supercharged engine.

I predict that with the performer kit and a different wheel, you'll see 75 out of a SHO with now problems. In fact, as the boat was when I rode it, if I was at sea level, and not 2400 ft density altitude, and had 1/4 tank of gas, it probably would have tickled 74....just a guess....

Remember, I bought the RXT-X, so I still prefer that boat. The SHO was my second choice, and it would have been blue. But I didn't want to wait for one. I saw a blue one last week and it looks sharp. I think there's a ton of performance that will be available out of the SHO.

Plus, you have like a 20 gallon gas tank.....are you kidding me?? I only have 15.9gallons.

Stay tuned.

didnt know that...look forward to ordering from R&D....oh....and its 18.5 gallons....but the SHO needs it......1.8L has voracious appetite for fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    ....oh....and its 18.5 gallons....but the SHO needs it......1.8L has voracious appetite for fuel
    But the SHO is 87oct and the RXTX is 91+oct, no?

+1
    how many hours are on both skis?

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    But the SHO is 87oct and the RXTX is 91+oct, no?
    yep...but not for long...wait till the ECU comes out....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information