Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Offshore riding

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Offshore riding

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56030
    found this thread in the Kawi section...they have some good vids and offshore tips.....only problem is i didnt see any SHO's out there....I'm training for the offshore endurance race in August in Pompano beach....hope some other Yammis sho up....cant let these other guys have all the fun....

heres a very good offshore PWC site I found......http://www.pwcoffshore.com/

Nothing like Offshore Racing! Glad you liked the vids. We ride year round, just like in Florida. We too are training for Long Beach 2 Catalina. Its a 58 mile race to Catalina Island from Long Beach. Very cool race! Mike Follmer should be representing on his Yammi, other than that, not too many Yammi's out here. In our group, we have Kawi's, and Sea Doos. The Doo's are plain FAST! The Kawi's stay planted.
    So, I hope you guys are training hard, I've heard rumors of some Cali guys possibly going down for that race. We will see though. Would be cool to have a Cali guy bring home the first Trophey...
    Whats the Offshore scene out there like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Nothing like Offshore Racing! Glad you liked the vids. We ride year round, just like in Florida. We too are training for Long Beach 2 Catalina. Its a 58 mile race to Catalina Island from Long Beach. Very cool race! Mike Follmer should be representing on his Yammi, other than that, not too many Yammi's out here. In our group, we have Kawi's, and Sea Doos. The Doo's are plain FAST! The Kawi's stay planted.
    So, I hope you guys are training hard, I've heard rumors of some Cali guys possibly going down for that race. We will see though. Would be cool to have a Cali guy bring home the first Trophey...
    Our race is only 40 miles...but our water is much rougher than the water i saw in ur videos.....
    the offshore scene is nonexistent I think.........but then im a newbie to the scene so im still looking for grps to ride with.....me, another guy, and his girlfreind r the only ones out usually besides the rentals.....salute to u pwc undurance guys...much respect.....lookin forward to joining the ranks

what camera r u guys using and r there any hi-def cams that u would recommend for pwc riding?

+1
    Dubz can you do the Cat race on one tank? or do you refill @ the turn around?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    Dubz can you do the Cat race on one tank? or do you refill @ the turn around?

Jim
    Its real close on the fuel. I mean REAL CLOSE. IF you stay on track, we can make it with very little fuel left. Get off track, and one might be swimming across the finish line..

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Our race is only 40 miles...but our water is much rougher than the water i saw in ur videos.....
    the offshore scene is nonexistent I think.........but then im a newbie to the scene so im still looking for grps to ride with.....me, another guy, and his girlfreind r the only ones out usually besides the rentals.....salute to u pwc undurance guys...much respect.....lookin forward to joining the ranks

what camera r u guys using and r there any hi-def cams that u would recommend for pwc riding?
    Cool man. Hope you guys get a good turn out for the August race. Not too many folks ride Ocean Endurance. IMO, its pretty tough to ride WOT in the ocean for extended periods of time. Yeah, I talked to Mike (think that was his name, Promoter), he's real pumped, was hoping to get some So. Cal. guys out there. I think we have a group heading out there, practice up..THey're comin....

Not sure on the camera. OU812 is the cam. man. Check out some posts by him, I think he's stated what he has. Remember, Ocean riding is very rough on the ski, & camera. What's good on flat, is not good on the rough. I want to buy the POV VIO camera, but its $600!

+1
    Cool man. Hope you guys get a good turn out for the August race. Not too many folks ride Ocean Endurance. IMO, its pretty tough to ride WOT in the ocean for extended periods of time. Yeah, I talked to Mike (think that was his name, Promoter), he's real pumped, was hoping to get some So. Cal. guys out there. I think we have a group heading out there, practice up..THey're comin....

Not sure on the camera. OU812 is the cam. man. Check out some posts by him, I think he's stated what he has. Remember, Ocean riding is very rough on the ski, & camera. What's good on flat, is not good on the rough. I want to buy the POV VIO camera, but its $600!
    You need to find a Camera company to sponser your ski, have them supply the camera for some advertising of your vids!!!

When you guys talk offshore chop, what wave heights are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by agibbs View Post
    When you guys talk offshore chop, what wave heights are you talking about?
    I would think anywhere from 3-6 feet..

typical south florida chop is 2-4foot...with intermittent 6 ft ....the biatch is the spacing of the waves......6-10 ft spacing between waves from the constant wind....makes it difficult to get any top end going (and u feel kidney punched) cuz ur airborne and throttling the ski constantly......thank god for rev limiters!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information