Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

any ever use a X or XO solas impeller on a 787 xp?

I'm looking at a few different impeller choices , I might be getting a higher compression head in the near future and stumbled upon these impellers...can anyone vouch for these series impellers?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The XO is what I did 67 on my 96XP, @7500 rpm.

Is that good enough testimony...

Edit: RPMs were actually 7550
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 06-15-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Error

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    The XO is what I did 67 on my 96XP, @7500 rpm.

Is that good enough testimony...

what mods?

GK rec porting, Novi 42 modded Mikunis, Fly Flame arrestors, hand taper-ported stock intake to 42 carb diameter, plugged oil injection holes with aluminum dowels, kept stock inlets against RV surface. PPG milled head, 185 compression @.050" squish. Rossier pipe, ported exhaust manifold, ported inside of pipe. Jetworks flow valve in stinger. MSD water injection, MSD 4255 Enhancer. Custom polished small hub Skat 6 vane pump, with Solas XO custom machined to fit. R&D 85/88 nozzles, Worx sponsons, trued hull, no grate, pump wedge. Pistons are once-over OEMs. No case porting whatsoever.

I think that's it...

Hey 96xpss,,,, Is the group k rec port the same as sleeper porting?

Are you running pump gas, extended WOT runs?

My head only has 165 at .43 squich (roghly on the squish)..... maybe I should have PPG mill my head.

What about that enhancer? Did you up the timing? How much did you a make sure you have t
    port the manifold, and did you port it just at the opening or the entire manifold?

I just don't want to run race gas this ski

went 60mphon a 96 xp strock motor with 180psi head stock carbs jetted. prop was a XO with a 100 rpm's added from impros. would holshot like a rocket for those days...I wanna say it turned 7100..

Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Hey 96xpss,,,, Is the group k rec port the same as sleeper porting? Yes

Are you running pump gas, extended WOT runs? 75% 93, 25% 110 race gas

My head only has 165 at .43 squich (roghly on the squish)..... maybe I should have PPG mill my head. The head gave me 150 rpms if I remember right, night and day difference in everything.

What about that enhancer? Did you up the timing? Set at their recommendations in the instruction manual. How much did you a make sure you have t
    port the manifold, and did you port it just at the opening or the entire manifold? I scribed a line with the carb installed, and opened it up to the line, keeping the other end (RV side) stock. Tapered most of the distance through the intake.

I just don't want to run race gas this ski
    I only ran race gas as insurance. It will probably run 100% on 93. The new stock pistons I have to install I had ceramic coated on top, teflon coated on the sides, to make it more forgiving as I want to run 93 only too.

Did you know MSD and Rossier worked jointly together developing the Enhancer? So their suggested settings are for the Rossier pipe. Don't try this much initial advance on a Spec II, it will immediately seize.

With the the GK head, I found the best performance when I dropped the squish to .038", their tightest clearance. But it still never performed like the PPG head. Holeshot is night and day stronger, and max rpms went way up too.

Harry's problem is that he doesn't think outside the box. If he didn't figure it out first, then it won't work.

i highly recommend a xo prop vs stock with those mods. cant say for the x prop as i've not tried.

what base gasket do you run with the ppg milled head? i took a shot in the dark and put a 6 hole and im only getting 150 a hole.. im gonna check the squish today.

96xp
    +.50 pro x
    ppg level 1 head
    tau ceti's
    r&d 85/88
    solas xo (reworked by impros)
    beachhouse sponsons
    umi steering
    inventioneering grate

runs like a beast, smokes my stock xp which i thought ran great. carbs dialed in perfect thanks to dan (water worx)!
    Last edited by budzagreen; 06-15-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by budzagreen View Post
    what base gasket do you run with the ppg milled head? i took a shot in the dark and put a 6 hole and im only getting 150 a hole.. im gonna check the squish today.

96xp
    +.50 pro x
    ppg level 1 head
    tau ceti's
    r&d 85/88
    solas xo (reworked by impros)
    beachhouse sponsons
    umi steering
    inventioneering grate

runs like a beast, smokes my stock xp which i thought ran great. carbs dialed in perfect thanks to dan (water worx)!
    I did a 5 hole, which is no longer available. PPG mills heads at different cc volume, they tried the cut I have on a Spec II setup and it seized every time. Since most always use a Spec II they backed off on compression. You should still have 165-170 lbs of compression. Are you sure they milled it?
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 06-15-2008 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information