Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!

Why is it you alwasy see idiots at the ramp?

Yesterday I idled up to the ramp dock for my daughter to get my wife's cell phone out of the truck. While sitting there 2 guys in a GMC extended 4x4 back in a ski. Then the driver returns and pulls in nose first, idling, pops the hood, hooks up jumper cables and immediately starts shorting the other two together, while standing in the water, less than 3' from his battery. He keeps on, bang, bang, bang, over 30 times, and never gets the good hot "spark" he's looking for, so finally he just clamps them together and his truck immediately goes "grunt" while it dies. Before it stalls completely, he lets go and hooks them up to the ski.

Can you believe? Apparently he has done this for years, I can't believe he hasn't exploded a battery during this time. Think about how many charging systems hes ruined, much less the vehicle's ECM...

haha...

last weekend we were putting are skis in and there was a family putting a small boat in (prob like 20-24ft), everyone was doing different misc. things to get the boat in the water and someone disconnected the front winch...... the trailer had rollers not bunks! Well the disconnected winch went unnoticed and sure enough we hear loud scraping and the boat is skidding down the ramp and into the water it went. It left a nice white dust behind on the concrete.............

Glad that wasn't me.

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!! I wouldn't be anywhwere near that guy with the battery.

And with the winch.. I see stuff like that all the time. The whole family will be doing something different. Its funny though how not a one of them are paying attention to the important things though.

Over when i launch I see it all. people that just plow into the dock, back into it, take an hour to back up 1000 times, fights, familys yelling, not anchoring the boats down and they float off, people stuck, cant get the boat on the trailer. basically you name it we got it.

maybe i need to go to another one thats not filled with rednecks

Robert, long time no talk. Hope all is well.

My dad and I take the golf cart down to the launch ramp and watch the idiots on major holidays, 4th of July weekend will be no different.

+1
    I see this kinda stuff all the time. I have always wanted to make a video collage and send it to AFV or something.

Don't get me started. I wish someone was out there (that could stop it) to see some idiots that didn't know what "NO WAKE" meant

The funniest thing i saw was a group of people that pulled up to the launch...tied up the boat, while waiting for the truck and trailer, then hooked it up to the trailer with the winch...and began to pull it out...and snapped the piling the boat was still tied to in half

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    so I was on the lake this weekend and in the party cove. I noticed some new boaters...you can just tell. They put all there stuff away and took off. They forgot to pull the anchor though Well, the anchor drug behind till they picked up speed then the anchor flew up out of the water as high as how much slack was in the anchor line. when the driver saw the anchor flying over head he pulled the throttle back and the anchor landed in the boat, then they took of again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    so I was on the lake this weekend and in the party cove. I noticed some new boaters...you can just tell. They put all there stuff away and took off. They forgot to pull the anchor though Well, the anchor drug behind till they picked up speed then the anchor flew up out of the water as high as how much slack was in the anchor line. when the driver saw the anchor flying over head he pulled the throttle back and the anchor landed in the boat, then they took of again.
    That sounds like a great and quick way to pull up anchor. I'll have to try that!

Forgot to tell you guys about the SCRAAAAAAPE I heard/saw whenever a bigshot with an inboard/outboard boat put his on the trailor. The scrape I heard was the prop scraping the cement because the foot was still all the way down.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information