97 hurricane stability

I am new to riding and own a 97 hurricane. I was wandering if there is a mod that I could do to make it more stable to ride two people. I know the bike is a two seater but yesterday me and the wife tryed and it seamed imposable to get her on with me on the bike. Someone said that we may exceed the weight limit, that is impossable unless the weight limit is underrated for the size of the bike. Any help would be great. I was also wandering why the bike after making a few short hole shots wouldn't rev up past 3000 but after shuting it off and than strating it would perform great.

+1
    Hi ace, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!
    I'd be VERY impressed if you and your wife could cruise around on a Cane. It's really much better suited for a single operator and even with that it's not known for stability but man can it carve up the bouys!!

Any water inside the hull or is it pretty dry??

I agree the bike turns hard and fast is a blast to ride. There is no water in the hull, until I rolled it but the bildge kicked in and emptyed out. After trailered I pulled the drawn plugs and very little water emptyed. Someone told me about " water logged foam " is that a common problem on older bikes. And how can I tell if my foam is water logged.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    1996, 1997 Hurricane.
    Maximum total weight rating for two riders plus gear = 350lbs.

It really is a one person PWC.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    You really need a 3 seater if you are staying with Polaris. 3 seater are good for 2 people, 2 seater are good for 1 person and Hurricanes are only good for ripping corners and touching the water with your elbows at high speeds becase that is when they are the most stable.

Yup, I can definitely vouch for my Cane being a single rider craft! I actually use it as an excuse to ride solo at my family reunions!!

Look into a three seater, possibly an SLT...2 seater=1person, 3 seater=2people in my experience!

PS, enjoy the cane. I had no idea what I was purchasing for $1000 from an old lady, but it turned out to be the most fun Ive had on a PWC!

+1
    [quote=bnasty;679518]Yup, I can definitely vouch for my Cane being a single rider craft! I actually use it as an excuse to ride solo at my family reunions!!
    quote]

Funny, that's what I say...

I wish I would have known about the seating but I love the bike after riding it.

I was also wandering why the bike after making a few short hole shots wouldn't rev up past 3000 but after shuting it off and than strating it would perform great. "

Thread Information