Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ft Myers FL

SHO Cruiser top speed

I know its probably reading over but today with 5 hours on and half a tank of gas on a mirror flat river (thru the mangrove swamps I saw 71 mph on my digital read out at least 4 times. Cant wait to get the power filter & exhauast fitted.

Mines quicker than yours------shows 115.
    Real speed is 66 out of the box USA speak.

only trust GPS dreamometer is way off even if you are going with a fast current I doubt you would see anything over 68mph mine has said several times 71-72mph but gps says 67.1mph 99% of the time

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    hey doubler...gratz on ur new ski but yeah.....dont trust the dreamometer...ive hit 88 mph on mine....only way to tell accurately is to get a gps

Ft Myers FL
    Great, thats good to know. Thanks, the ski is certainly MUCH quicker than the FX models I had before, hopefully I can gain a little more low & mid range grunt with the additions.

Quote Originally Posted by craig41071 View Post
    only trust GPS dreamometer is way off even if you are going with a fast current I doubt you would see anything over 68mph mine has said several times 71-72mph but gps says 67.1mph 99% of the time
    with your weight there is NO WAY you are doing 67.1 if your sho is stock

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooff View Post
    Most all skis will have a variance in top speed. When the 250X came out last year, average top speed was anywhere from 65-66 or so. But a lot of others ran faster. Mine would run 67.5 all day long (stock) and many others easily ran 67+
    I don't think it would be that unusual to have a 1-2 mph top speed variance on the SHO. As more people get theirs and put some hours on them, I bet you will see a lot of them break 67 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by shooff View Post

you saying I'm FAT??? mine does seem a little faster than most but only by 1mph or so....I want to put wife on it and see, she ways 98lbs

i gps'ed 67.8 once,66.7 all the time sho non cruiser

todays results

Well i started out the day doing a run out of gass test just to see how far i could go... (took 5 gal can w/me). I wanted to see if i could make it across lake Ponchatrain and back. Mandeville side was smooth but once i got out in the middle and closer to the New Orleans side it got pretty ruff. Although it was pretty fun jumpin the 2foot rollers but man 30 minuts of stand up ridin in ruff water is tuff on the old legs. Especially since the night before i did a 30 mile bike ride... Anyhow i made it across and back. Once back i still had fuel so i turned and went up the Tschfuncta river (smooth water here i come).. after a super long no wake zone i was able to open her up. GPS reading was 65.9 on almost empty. I weigh soaking wet appox 275 and there was 4 gal extra fuel in can straped to the back deck. I noticed it runs a bit better when its 3/4 full of fuel. The less fuel in her the slower she runs. GPS reading with me and 3/4 fuel 66.8. Boat rides AWSOME in ruff water.... Way better than my seadoo ever did. Love the cruz cont. It came in handy on the long crossing. Only loss was the cap to the waterproof compartment. I knew it at the house when i looked in there. I said to myself " you need to teather this cap so you dont loose it". Sure enough if poped off today. DANG IT!!!! Well off to the oem parts fishe i go..
    ALl in all great morin... Final gps readings Trip odom 80.1, max speed 65.9, moving time 3hrs 28min. 2 bars on ski fuel guage and warning light came still didnt run out off gas. guess ill have to try again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information