Need help!! Hope it is not the carbon ring

Guy need your help. Was out riding today first time since april due to my job but the wife and I went out adn did some fishing and trolling. After idleing around for about an hour or so we went to another part of the lake and my ski really cavitated bad. Anchored and she cought a 18 in largemouth, we went to go to another part of the lake and my ski would not take off, hit the rev limiter alot and then finnaly got going on plane and would really go but it had a sinking feeling like the bak was going down. I went to the ramp got the truck adn pulled it out. Had alot of water in so I drained it tipped the trailer up adn got almost all out then went for another ride adn it was all over the rev limiter on take off and would not plane, got on the trailer and had more water in it. Got home a few min. ago so I pulled the seat and the cowl checked the rubber boot on the drive shaft and could move it up and down looked at her RXT and could not move hers but very little compared to mine. The front part of the rubber boot moves alot and does not touch the flat piece of the drive shaft in front of it very much. Is this a carbon ring issue and if so once I buy the new ring does anyone have instructions on how to replace this?

Gary

Oh I'm up north of Syracues NY if anyone wants to help or has a tool I can use.

think i am having the same problem i went to check for leaks after installing the stage 1 and i foun mine to be the same as you describe. let me know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRXP View Post
    Oh I'm up north of Syracues NY if anyone wants to help or has a tool I can use.
    Army, sounds like the carbon ring/floating ring is leaking. Here is a link with information:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t+removal+tool
    You need some tools and help...You need someone to help that has done it before or go see your dealer. It's only fairly hard but you do need some help to do it.

Will keep you posted going to go tot he boat launch tomorrow night hopefully if not will be in a few days. I hope that is the problem.

Lafjax,

Seen where guys are saying to take to boat launch and keep straped down start adn rev and see where the water is coming in at to make sure that is the problem. I have over 170 hrs on mine and this is the first leak like this so I guess it is time for it to go.

Gary

Thread Information