carbon seal/support ring

well water tested today for leaks 06 rxt just installed the stage 1... well i found a leak around the carbon seal.. never leaked before i did the stage 1 but now a leak. i cant tell if it is bad or it supposed to move arond any of you guys know about this??? help

some spray from the carbon seal during running hours is normal, if you can see water comming it my guess would be there is something wrong. When you installed your stage one system is there an intake pushing on the driveshaft or the rubber boot behind the carbon seal?

not that i know of only thing is i torqued the pump @45lbs is maybe thats it, i dont know. when i first put it back together i started it and it sounded like something hit,like a thump and wouldnt turn over. so itried again and it started fine. cant tell if this thing is bad or if it supposed to move like that?

Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    some spray from the carbon seal during running hours is normal, if you can see water comming it my guess would be there is something wrong. When you installed your stage one system is there an intake pushing on the driveshaft or the rubber boot behind the carbon seal?
    Busa, what he is saying is important...nothing should rest against the bellows/carbon ring assembly because if it is deformed it will wear quickly and cause a leak. Not saying that's what you have but it is very important that nothing be on there.

you know now that i think about it the 3inch air in take may have been resting on the bellows not sure i took it apart already but will try again.

Thread Information