Ride Plate and other questions

At first I have to say great forum.
    I'm a total newbie in Jet Ski's and I took my 2003 Yamaha GP1300R yesterday out for my first ride on a ski ever.
    Unfortunatelly I lost the ride plate the firts half hour. On the right side is now a hole where the inserts used to be and on the left the inserts were almost removed clean out of the hull. The ski was hal way filled with water when I took it out of the water. When I got home i tried to start it up but it didn't started, should I take out the carburator or just wait a couple days to dry up? I was reading and searching in the forum through a lot of posts and I know a lot more already but still need some help here.
    Questions:
    -What ride plate should I buy now since the old one is gone? (don't has to be a special one since I'm a beginner)
    -What ride plate inserts should I get? Some say the stock Yamaha some other say some RnD GPR Ride Plate Replacement Inserts for around $43.
    - Should I do the tunnel reinforcment since I have to get some epoxy anyway .
    -What kind of epoxy should I use to fix the Inserts and maybe the tunnel?
    -Where can I order al the parts I need if possible from one dealer to save a little on shipping.

Like I said I'm new with this thematic and thankfull for any help I get!!

Questions:
    -What ride plate should I buy now since the old one is gone? (don't has to be a special one since I'm a beginner) -- Jim's FF Rideplate
    -What ride plate inserts should I get? Some say the stock Yamaha some other say some RnD GPR Ride Plate Replacement Inserts for around $43. Yamaha
    - Should I do the tunnel reinforcement since I have to get some epoxy anyway . Yes
    -What kind of epoxy should I use to fix the Inserts and maybe the tunnel? Search for a tread on how to do the reinforcement - the tread will also give you details on what product to use.
    -Where can I order all the parts I need if possible from one dealer to save a little on shipping. The on-line store
    4-Tec Performance

Here is the link to the How To
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49610
    Last edited by YamahaToys; 06-15-2008 at 10:32 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaToys View Post
    Questions:
    -What ride plate should I buy now since the old one is gone? (don't has to be a special one since I'm a beginner) -- Jim's FF Rideplate
    -What ride plate inserts should I get? Some say the stock Yamaha some other say some RnD GPR Ride Plate Replacement Inserts for around $43. Yamaha
    - Should I do the tunnel reinforcement since I have to get some epoxy anyway . Yes
    -What kind of epoxy should I use to fix the Inserts and maybe the tunnel? Search for a tread on how to do the reinforcement - the tread will also give you details on what product to use.
    -Where can I order all the parts I need if possible from one dealer to save a little on shipping. The on-line store
    4-Tec Performance

Here is the link to the How To
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49610
    +1 to everything he said except DONT LET THAT SKI SIT!!! Do everything in your power to get it started... If your engine ingested water and you let it dry up you might as well throw it out! Pull the spark plugs out and hot the start button to blow the water out. Then spray some fogging oil in the cylinders... It will help to start it. Make sure you have spark.... after you run it for a while... Pull the plugs back out and squirt some Marvel Mystery oil in there... After you get it running worry about everything else... If those carbs pulled water that engine needs to be started imediately... Dont even wait till tomorrow! Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    +1 to everything he said except DONT LET THAT SKI SIT!!! Do everything in your power to get it started... If your engine ingested water and you let it dry up you might as well throw it out! Pull the spark plugs out and hot the start button to blow the water out. Then spray some fogging oil in the cylinders... It will help to start it. Make sure you have spark.... after you run it for a while... Pull the plugs back out and squirt some Marvel Mystery oil in there... After you get it running worry about everything else... If those carbs pulled water that engine needs to be started imediately... Dont even wait till tomorrow! Good luck!

Ditto on this

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    +2, the crank will start to rust right away and then the motors junk. Get it started and run it on the hose for like 30 minutes to get it good and hot, you need to burn that condensation out of the crankcase now!

Thread Information