Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: slow RXP

  1. #1

    slow RXP

    i have 04 RXP and i can only seem to peak out at 7500 to 7800 RPM an i can only seem to get 63 MPH peak some one was aying about some kinda blower washers but i don't know what they are or were the go if this is the problem i'm not sure what it could be i have only owned this ski a week i checked the ring and the prop they look good so i don't know what else to look for any help would be great thanks


  2. #2
    First off...welcome to the site.

    Now....SC clutch washers I think they were metal in the '04...not sure. Anyway...with motor off...heh...pull intake hose off the sc...try to spin the blades...if they spin freely...you're fckd...if they move a 1/16th of an inch...normal....outside of that...they could be slipping.

    Check oil level.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    2,677
    +1
    24
    NOT METAL IN 04-07 SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED TO HAVE THE KNOCK SENSOR UP DATE DONE. HAVE YOUR DEALER CHECK YOU HULL NUMBER TO SEE.THIS IS IF YOUR WEARRING AND IMPELLER ARE IN GOOD CONDITION AND OIL LEVEL IS OK.TODD

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    First off...welcome to the site.

    Now....SC clutch washers I think they were metal in the '04...not sure. Anyway...with motor off...heh...pull intake hose off the sc...try to spin the blades...if they spin freely...you're fckd...if they move a 1/16th of an inch...normal....outside of that...they could be slipping.

    Check oil level.
    Only '08 have OEM metal washers, and I have even heard some 08' washers are failing maybe B/C they are to hard.
    Last edited by N8T; 06-15-2008 at 10:38 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Only '08 have OEM metal washers, and I have even heard some 08' washers are failing maybe B/C they are to hard.
    Too hard? what's next???? plastic. Hope this is just a rumor.

  6. #6
    Nope, It's real ! I have seen a metal washer failed.

  7. #7

    slow RXP

    Hey thats i had the dealer look into the knock sensor and they said it wasn't done yet , but now these washers everyone is talking about on the blower are they refering to the supercharger ? and were to i get them in metal and are they expensive????and not to sound stupid but the supercharger on my RXP is it the red unit on the back side of the motor , i'm new to all this new this so please be kind i'm really not sure what they are talking about ? thanks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5x0 View Post
    Hey thats i had the dealer look into the knock sensor and they said it wasn't done yet , but now these washers everyone is talking about on the blower are they refering to the supercharger ? and were to i get them in metal and are they expensive????and not to sound stupid but the supercharger on my RXP is it the red unit on the back side of the motor , i'm new to all this new this so please be kind i'm really not sure what they are talking about ? thanks

    Start by reading this:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

  9. #9

    slow RXP

    Thank you all that have helped out i checked the supercharger and there is no play in the unit in side i think this is a good thing and i am going to talk to my dealer about changing the ceramic washers with metal ones when it goes in for service on thursday thank you dk lord for the link i read it and it makes sense to me me now but thanks too everyone for your help i would be lost with out fellow doo,ers to keep us rookies going this machine is so much differant then my 2 strokes and more idea's i will listen too as well,,thanks again everyone

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Slow rxp
    By skingelo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:52 AM
  2. can anybody shed any light on this slow rxp
    By jetskibill9999 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 08:29 AM
  3. Please Help Slow Rxp
    By walt kay in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-21-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. Slow RXP?
    By JimC in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 02:53 PM
  5. Slow RXP Riva Stage 2
    By idizzy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •