Thread: slow RXP

slow RXP

i have 04 RXP and i can only seem to peak out at 7500 to 7800 RPM an i can only seem to get 63 MPH peak some one was aying about some kinda blower washers but i don't know what they are or were the go if this is the problem i'm not sure what it could be i have only owned this ski a week i checked the ring and the prop they look good so i don't know what else to look for any help would be great thanks

First off...welcome to the site.

Now....SC clutch washers I think they were metal in the '04...not sure. Anyway...with motor off...heh...pull intake hose off the sc...try to spin the blades...if they spin freely...you're fckd...if they move a 1/16th of an inch...normal....outside of that...they could be slipping.

Check oil level.

+1
    NOT METAL IN 04-07 SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED TO HAVE THE KNOCK SENSOR UP DATE DONE. HAVE YOUR DEALER CHECK YOU HULL NUMBER TO SEE.THIS IS IF YOUR WEARRING AND IMPELLER ARE IN GOOD CONDITION AND OIL LEVEL IS OK.TODD

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    First off...welcome to the site.

Now....SC clutch washers I think they were metal in the '04...not sure. Anyway...with motor off...heh...pull intake hose off the sc...try to spin the blades...if they spin freely...you're fckd...if they move a 1/16th of an inch...normal....outside of that...they could be slipping.

Check oil level.
    Only '08 have OEM metal washers, and I have even heard some 08' washers are failing maybe B/C they are to hard.
    Last edited by N8T; 06-15-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N8T View Post
    Only '08 have OEM metal washers, and I have even heard some 08' washers are failing maybe B/C they are to hard.
    Too hard? what's next???? plastic. Hope this is just a rumor.

Nope, It's real ! I have seen a metal washer failed.

slow RXP

Hey thats i had the dealer look into the knock sensor and they said it wasn't done yet , but now these washers everyone is talking about on the blower are they refering to the supercharger ? and were to i get them in metal and are they expensive????and not to sound stupid but the supercharger on my RXP is it the red unit on the back side of the motor , i'm new to all this new this so please be kind i'm really not sure what they are talking about ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustang5x0 View Post
    Hey thats i had the dealer look into the knock sensor and they said it wasn't done yet , but now these washers everyone is talking about on the blower are they refering to the supercharger ? and were to i get them in metal and are they expensive????and not to sound stupid but the supercharger on my RXP is it the red unit on the back side of the motor , i'm new to all this new this so please be kind i'm really not sure what they are talking about ? thanks

Start by reading this:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

slow RXP

Thank you all that have helped out i checked the supercharger and there is no play in the unit in side i think this is a good thing and i am going to talk to my dealer about changing the ceramic washers with metal ones when it goes in for service on thursday thank you dk lord for the link i read it and it makes sense to me me now but thanks too everyone for your help i would be lost with out fellow doo,ers to keep us rookies going this machine is so much differant then my 2 strokes and more idea's i will listen too as well,,thanks again everyone

Thread Information