Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: stx 15f

stx 15f

i have a kawasaki 15f and want t o know if theres any exhaust mods i can do to it my ski is stock and want to make it sound some what nice thanks

+1
    riva free flow - but it involves removing 1 waterbox entirely and cutting the remaining one open to drill 1 hole in a baffle.

i'd personally buy the riva free flow kit, pull both waterboxes, buy some intercooling tubing from ebay and run a straight exhaust.

my brother in law has a straight exhaust on his turbo 15f that i helped him build and it sounds sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by stx15f View Post
    i have a kawasaki 15f and want t o know if theres any exhaust mods i can do to it my ski is stock and want to make it sound some what nice thanks

Yoou want it to sound nice as in "loud" ? If you are just wanting noise and not necessarily performance gain, my .02 is it isn't worth the $$.

Our sport is endangered enough and with all new regulations up in the air in many areas of the country, why look for more problems? Unless you own your own lake, I can hear some old man complaining that them blasted ski's are too noisy and reckless. It happened in my neighborhood with Airboats. I'd hate to see it hurt our sport next...

removing both waterboxes ?, wont that be a problem = possible water ingestion to the motor when your riding hard. 8ft swells where i ride sometimes. landing off a 15ft jump and possibly sumerging or turn overs ??

thats my worry about straight pipes aswell, just when you're tied up to people, or anchored out for a party. i'd worry about water backing up the exhaust into the engine when its just sitting there.

+1
    You can also have the exhaust manifold extrude and honed. Chris Mac said it's worth 8hp on a stock motor. I'll be doing it, just haven't got around to it yet.

+1
    Firehawk had his exhaust manifold done by Mac. NO PERFORMANCE GAIN. Save your money. Firehawk and I ride together. We lined up after this mod and I still beat him 3x. PM Firehawk and ask him about this mod and its worth. He was pretty bummed.

+1
    i also had it done...no gain

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Firehawk had his exhaust manifold done by Mac. NO PERFORMANCE GAIN. Save your money. Firehawk and I ride together. We lined up after this mod and I still beat him 3x. PM Firehawk and ask him about this mod and its worth. He was pretty bummed.

Is there supposed to be something else done with this exhaust mod?

As I see it if you open up the exhaust you should open up the air intake also, I dont think it will help much to let it breath easier on the exhaust side if you dont let it get more air in the intake side............

+1
    maybe bore out the throttle body ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information