hey guys, im looking for a little help here...
    my ski is taking on water- badly. i took it to a launch yesterday, pulled the seat off and watched the water flow in. when i pulled it out, i got underneath it and saw that the water seemed to be coming from the ride plate (believe its called the ride plate)
    im stuck now- i've gotten bits and pieces of help but i just need to get this taken care of. im hoping someone here can help me out. i've got the beer and pizza, you just bring your knowledge.

it is an 03 gp1300r and located in middletown

Thanks

HELP

Take out the battery tray and check the hose that covers the shaft, make sure thats tight water can leak from there. I guess the 1300 is just like the 1200.

Hope this helps...

ItzMunch

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twosont View Post
    hey guys, im looking for a little help here...
    my ski is taking on water- badly. i took it to a launch yesterday, pulled the seat off and watched the water flow in. when i pulled it out, i got underneath it and saw that the water seemed to be coming from the ride plate (believe its called the ride plate)
    im stuck now- i've gotten bits and pieces of help but i just need to get this taken care of. im hoping someone here can help me out. i've got the beer and pizza, you just bring your knowledge.

it is an 03 gp1300r and located in middletown

Thanks

I would post this in the Yamaha 2 stroke section first. I believe there are a few guys in CT that may be able help, unfortunately I know "nuttin" about yami's... ( not that i know a lot about seadoos either,lol)

+1
    I moved your post here.

You'll get a lot more exposure and help!!!

The GPR rideplate is held on by 4 bolts and it is not sealed. It's very easy to pull off and look around. You should use a small butane torch to heat the boltheads for about 45 seconds though so you don't have any "spinning insert" trouble.

Have you taken a flashlight and looked up inside the pump tunnel inlet to see if you "blew out" the tunnel? It's becoming a common problem with these and that's why everyone is doing the "pump tunnel reinforcement" kits. Just something to check.

Also, you can tip the trailer back and fill the hull a little bit with a garden hose and then look for leaks.

You can also go for a short ride with the seat off and look around inside for a leak. It may be as simple as a chafed or holed cooling line???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by itzmunch View Post
    Take out the battery tray and check the hose that covers the shaft, make sure thats tight water can leak from there. I guess the 1300 is just like the 1200.

Hope this helps...

ItzMunch
    i agree pull the battery tray a ride plate insert maybe starting to pull through.

+1
    remove the ride plate and intake grate so you can see everything, then put some water in the ski so you can see exactly where it is coming from. this sounds like the dreaded cracked tunnel to me

+1
    its probably the pump shoe pulled out of the hull.....03 had a recall on this....take a straight edge lay it along the centerline of the hull..the pump shoe should be "up" in the hullon the front edge about thickness on nikel.

if you take all the plate/shoe/grate off but leave the bolts in then fill the rear of the ski with water, you can identify exactly which hole is leaking......

since you have an 03,,, new 05 shoe/plate inserts are a must have

Thread Information