Question RXT engine wont turn over

I have a 2005 model RXT with 60hrs on the clock. It has been very well looked after and flushed out with freshwater. Went to start it and it ran for about a minute but then it made a grinding noise and stopped. The engine seems to have loked up. Dont think theres any warranty left and seems like it could be a major breakdown. Doese anyone no what could be wrong.

i would say try replacing the battery. that just happeded to me yesturday except my polaris msx140ho wouldnt even turn over. so i replaced the batt and it ran like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by bairstow View Post
    I have a 2005 model RXT with 60hrs on the clock. It has been very well looked after and flushed out with freshwater. Went to start it and it ran for about a minute but then it made a grinding noise and stopped. The engine seems to have loked up. Dont think theres any warranty left and seems like it could be a major breakdown. Doese anyone no what could be wrong.
    Will it turn over when you hold WOT ?? If not something is jamed the engine. Start checking from the rear, pump, impeller, supercharger, from there you'll have to open the engine up.

if you have an engine failure and your boat is stock and you did not caue the failure. sea doo will cover it under an emissions warranty. it goes for 4 years from puchase or 250 hours. i work at a large dealer and have had dozens of sea doo engine jobs myself. if it maks you feel better, none of them have been of any cost to the customer. always under emission warranty. sea doo is very good about that. justfind a dealer that goes that extra mile.

Thread Information