2007 Speedster 150 Wake Tower question

I have an 07 Speedster 150 with the Factory Installed Wake Tower. We 'rarely' ever ski or pull tubes, etc. and I have to drop the tower everytime I park the boat in the garage.

I am thinking about selling the tower. Is it possible for the tower to be installed on another boat? Any mods that need to be made to another boat if I sell it?

What is a good asking price? Anyone interested?

Thanks for any replies!

I've though a lot about this too. I have a tower and a weld recently broke so I have to fix it.

But removing the tower and reselling it would be you have to remove the mounting pivots on the hull. This will leave you with at least 16-20 big honking holes in your hull...or the new owner will have to buy new mounts and you'll be left with them bolted to you hull.

When I was shopping for my sportster I really wanted the tower, cause it looked cool.

Truth be told, on 15 foot boat there are so many reasons not to get the tower.

Reasons why not to get a tower:
    #1 makes entering and exiting the boat difficult
    #2 have to lower everytime you garage
    #3 shakes at speed, reduces top speed
    #4 wake shape of S150 class is no good for anything but beginner wakeboarding- I haven't wake boarded yet, but I do want to try

Reasons to get a tower on a S150 class:
    #1 looks (a bit more like a real boat)
    #2 small family with beginner wake boarders

If you plan to sell you boat in a couple years if you family grows it might be more valuable with the tower. I know when I was shopping I really wanted one and paid more to get it...you could take it off an store it? In retrospect, knowing what I do now I would have bought a boat w/o tower. Save money, easier life.
    Last edited by vwDavid; 06-18-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks for the info on the tower.

I think I will take it off, and store it for now. Maybe next year will be time for a bigger boat..........one with (2) engines and a bigger gas tank! Gas should be around $6.00 per gallon by then.............SWEET!.......NOT!

Totally agree, gas has really crimped my time out on the boat this year. Thanks big oil!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by spd5535 View Post
    Totally agree, gas has really crimped my time out on the boat this year. Thanks big oil!!! lol
    While it is nice to blame big oil, big oil has nothing to do with the price. oil is a world commodity and traded on the open market, the falling dollar has a lot to do with the recent USA increase, government restriction on refineries, no significant increase in refining capacity in over 30 years, drilling and exploration restrictions by our government, gas is heavily taxed by the government.

World oil demand is getting higher and supplies are getting shorter. Even if the USA (largest demand) cuts back use with alternative energy sources, other developing countries are increasing demand. I really don't see prices coming down any time soon for a significant amount of time.

I was complaining to my friend in Norway about our gas prices and when they told me what they have been paying for years, I quickly lost the argument. over $7.00.

Good news, traffic seems to be getting better now as I suppose many unnecessary trips are cut out. Hopefully some good will come out of this with development of alternative energy supplies.

I just learned you can get a fuel tax rebate on all fuel purchased for non-road use. Keep your receipts. it's not much, but it helps. http://www.americanboating.org/fueltax.asp#Texas
    Last edited by seadoodude; 06-19-2008 at 10:41 PM.

It's not supply and demand, it's simply speculation.

Oil futures, driven by speculators, have shot up way faster than than the expected rise in demand. Oil prices aren't based on today's supply and demand, but rather on the idea of what future supply and demand will be, which quickly turns to fear when given a chance driving the prices higher.

Expect to see a "crash" in oil prices in the coming months as these speculators cash out. Mark my words.

Gosh I hope so, talk about taking food off the table.....

tower

we have the exact same boat and i have been looking for a tower and im very interested how much are you asking for it ? if it is in my price range i am willing to consider making a deal shortly after the holidays please get back to me.
    thank you and happy holidays

tower

i have the same boat i have been looking for a tower how much are you asking for it? if it is in my price range i am willing to make the deal following the holidays please get back to me asap.

thank you HAPPY HOLIDAYS

+1
    yeah man, bad idea

Thread Information