Question Any new Gibson Installs on RXP ??

Just wondering if any other have succesfully installe the Gibson/hydrojunkie mufflers on their RXP's ? Last time I checked in, a few had gotten them installed using a 2.75 inch hump coupling.

* Has anyone had any problems with this setup coming loose ? Ive had my muffler there for a couple of weeks now and I want to put it in already.

Jay i was still not clear if you are going to send the hardware or do we have to get it ourselves ??

I got my ski all cleaned out and put several hard hours on it. So far everything is going good. Nothing is coming loose, no alarms, nothing but doing what was expected from it.

From what I understand on the hardware, you should have already gotten it; it being 1' of hose, a "T", some hose clamps, and a ball valve. To make this all work together you will need to buy a few more feet of hose, 2(or was it 3???) hose clamps. There is no bracket that Im aware of.

Do it, it sounds insane on the water, especially around 5-6k. I didn't notice any difference in sound with the valve open or closed, but then again I don't have the plumbing exactly like it was said to.

Jay

i was one of the first ones to receive the mufflers direct ship from Gibson,but I have not recieved the hardware ??

Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    i was one of the first ones to receive the mufflers direct ship from Gibson,but I have not recieved the hardware ??
    PM Hydrojunkie...you should have gotten it by now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    I have'nt recieved mine either! Just put that thing in already. I just used my stock exhaust hump and cut a piece from that as a coupler. Works great, no cutting on the gibson whatsoever, Sounds awesome. Mine has never popped off yet but I ride in mostly smooth water.

+1
    Jay glad to hear you got ur ski going again!

I bought 4 feet of hose for 5 bucks and that worked perfectly. The hardware kit is basically 5 bucks of items from home depot.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    PM Hydrojunkie...you should have gotten it by now.

Ditto, hes been very helpful with all the little issues we have been having.

Jay

Tested gibson today

Had two issues. Had never made enough boost with a rude sc from day one. 9.5 to 10.8. Pulled the rude off checked slip and it was 10 In/pd. WTF? took the clutch
    out and it had been slipping so bad that they were groved and cracked! Put new washers in put shims in and still could get only 70 in/pd slip! Tried to order spring washers and now they are no longer available. You have to buy a whole rebuild kit just to keep them. What a rip off by seadoo! Went ahead and tried anyway.
    Unbelievable results! got a constant 12.5 pds boost and it never changed! Got 8350 rpms and 83.8 GPS mph! This is done at 2100 above sea level, I weigh 250 pds it was 78 degrees. The combination of no slipping and the muffler is great. The low to midrange kick is a rush! I ordered another for my RXT today. Alwsome sound and not hard to install. I was told by Black Magic that the exhaust sensor may go off but I ran a tank of gas at WOT and never had a problem. Great product!

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by piper250 View Post
    Had two issues. Had never made enough boost with a rude sc from day one. 9.5 to 10.8. Pulled the rude off checked slip and it was 10 In/pd. WTF? took the clutch
    out and it had been slipping so bad that they were groved and cracked! Put new washers in put shims in and still could get only 70 in/pd slip! Tried to order spring washers and now they are no longer available. You have to buy a whole rebuild kit just to keep them. What a rip off by seadoo! Went ahead and tried anyway.
    Unbelievable results! got a constant 12.5 pds boost and it never changed! Got 8350 rpms and 83.8 GPS mph! This is done at 2100 above sea level, I weigh 250 pds it was 78 degrees. The combination of no slipping and the muffler is great. The low to midrange kick is a rush! I ordered another for my RXT today. Alwsome sound and not hard to install. I was told by Black Magic that the exhaust sensor may go off but I ran a tank of gas at WOT and never had a problem. Great product!
    glad to see you are happy..

Thread Information