Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Information needed on removing 06 rxp motor and cleanin out washers!!

I just recently had one of my washers on my supercharger fail and i gotta get it out and i have never pulled the motor on a waverunner. I am very experienced mechanically so i am going about his head first. So i need all the info i can get on pulling the motor pics, advice, etc... all will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by dgconlee01; 06-16-2008 at 06:27 PM.

theres alot of info on this problem,do a search .you will need to do more than just replace washers,the bits go into oilpumps and such,replace washers with metal greenhulk washers-new bearings.you can send tyour supercharger to jerry and hell install bearings and metal washers to correct specs. i hope you find a member nearby that can help you.read up before you make mistakes.good luck

Yea that's the part i am concerned about is getting the washers out of the engine. I have the sc off and metal washers ordered for it. I am online right now getting all the info i can but any advice from anyone on here is well appreciated. I don't think that i am very lucky on the part of finding a close member but hey maybe i will luck up. Just so everyone that views this knows my boat is a 06 rxp with a solas 14/19 prop, intake grate, ride plate holes filled, and riva rear intake.
    Last edited by dgconlee01; 06-16-2008 at 08:01 PM.

I would start by getting a Service Manual. There are some downloads over on PWCToday.com. There's no 2006 manual, but there is a 2007 manual which should be very close to what you need... Ron

o
    Last edited by dgconlee01; 06-17-2008 at 01:12 PM.

I got the motor out and both pump covers off. I found more debris at the front than the rear. There was bigger chunks at the bottom and some small debris in the screen and the screen was still intact and none had gotten through. The rear just had a few small pieces in the screen but no damage to the screen. I am wondering if i need to pull the oil pan off to look for more pieces.

theres guys on this forum that can give you the right advise.please wait till you get answers before puting back together.theres a search feature on this site type in washer failure and read up.i think many dealers replace oil pumps when this happens but im not sure so wait till -its fixed right.make sure you put hardened jerry washers and new bearings for your rebuild.it sucks being busted but fix it right

+1
    if it was my motor and i went to the trouble of taking it all the way out and removing the pumps like u have and doing all the right things just like u r doing i would also lean it forward with the valve cover top off and the rear cover still off and the front pump still off then proceed to run a cleaning type fluid down from the top through my motor..........i did this exact procedure leaning it forward running it out the front pump then to the rear out the pto area and i got a VERY LARGE chunk of cermic washer that was nowhere near my pumps but in my engine just the same and would have eventually killed it after it had decinegrated into dust type pieces and ate everything up............good luck!

Thanks so much for all the advice guys. I really appreciate it. That cleaning procedure does sound smart and since when i took my front pump rotor out and it was scratched i decided to go ahead and replace it and it won't be here till wednesday so i have plenty of time. ONee question since you said you have done this when i took my rear cover off a washer feel out and i don;t know here it goes. Is it some sort of starter sim? Just thought i would see if yall sould inform me on this. I just hope after all this that i get all this thing out and it doens;t destroy my engine later on wth my luck that is possible.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dgconlee01 View Post
    Thanks so much for all the advice guys. I really appreciate it. That cleaning procedure does sound smart and since when i took my front pump rotor out and it was scratched i decided to go ahead and replace it and it won't be here till wednesday so i have plenty of time. ONee question since you said you have done this when i took my rear cover off a washer feel out and i don;t know here it goes. Is it some sort of starter sim? Just thought i would see if yall sould inform me on this. I just hope after all this that i get all this thing out and it doens;t destroy my engine later on wth my luck that is possible.
    Yes, that is a starter washer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information