Question RXP215 SC Slip Immediate after Riva Washer Install

Situation for you RXP215 experts outthere:
    2007 RXP 215
    34 hours
    Riva Stage one kit
    Stock 68-69mph GPS 7900-800 rpm
    After SC Rebuild & Riva S1 kit- 7840 rpm 67.1 mph

At many peoples recommendation, I replaced the ceramic washers w/ riva washers, bearings, and clutches @ 33 hours. (Last Week)

The shop that did the work has done many of theses boat, both SC fixes, & many mods to the SC215's. They have boats running over 75 & 80 mph. They have a great reputation and are definitely qualified to work on these units, according to everyone I have spoken to.

That being said, I put this boat in the calm water & gps'd it when I got it back and it was slower and down on revs. 7800~7840-- 66.5-67.1 mph.

I was gradual with on and off throttle, and did not unload the pump in chop or wake at all, know that the SC does not have a blow off valve stock.

It slipped from the moment I put it in the water.
    I ran it no more than .5 hours, & knew something was wrong.
    Today the shop owner told me the clutches were completely burned up, as well as the bearings and washers.

This just does not seem right to me.

I have lots of expirence w/ the 2-stroke boats, and know how super charging works, and the mechanics behind it. Been riding and racing for 25 years.

What could be the cause of this ?
    Is there a step in assembly that could be responsible for this ?
    i am being told that I must break this rebuilt SC in even more gently than the stock, ceramic equipped SC. This just does not sound rioght at all, that the SC would slip from the get go and be JUNK less than 30 minutes on the rebuild.

Your Forums Comments and Tech advice on this would be really appreciated.
    Thanks

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by OffShore2 View Post
    Situation for you RXP215 experts outthere:
    2007 RXP 215
    34 hours
    Riva Stage one kit
    Stock 68-69mph GPS 7900-800 rpm
    After SC Rebuild & Riva S1 kit- 7840 rpm 67.1 mph

At many peoples recommendation, I replaced the ceramic washers w/ riva washers, bearings, and clutches @ 33 hours. (Last Week)

The shop that did the work has done many of theses boat, both SC fixes, & many mods to the SC215's. They have boats running over 75 & 80 mph. They have a great reputation and are definitely qualified to work on these units, according to everyone I have spoken to.

That being said, I put this boat in the calm water & gps'd it when I got it back and it was slower and down on revs. 7800~7840-- 66.5-67.1 mph.

I was gradual with on and off throttle, and did not unload the pump in chop or wake at all, know that the SC does not have a blow off valve stock.

It slipped from the moment I put it in the water.
    I ran it no more than .5 hours, & knew something was wrong.
    Today the shop owner told me the clutches were completely burned up, as well as the bearings and washers.

This just does not seem right to me.

I have lots of expirence w/ the 2-stroke boats, and know how super charging works, and the mechanics behind it. Been riding and racing for 25 years.

What could be the cause of this ?
    Is there a step in assembly that could be responsible for this ?
    i am being told that I must break this rebuilt SC in even more gently than the stock, ceramic equipped SC. This just does not sound rioght at all, that the SC would slip from the get go and be JUNK less than 30 minutes on the rebuild.

Your Forums Comments and Tech advice on this would be really appreciated.
    Thanks
    If you're SC is worn it will slip with brand new washers..I ride my ski pretty hard and have rebuilt my SC two times in 100 hrs, point is your SC gears, needle bearings wear and need to be replaced..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OffShore2 View Post
    i am being told that I must break this rebuilt SC in even more gently than the stock, ceramic equipped SC. This just does not sound rioght at all
    Nope, this is not right at all. Sounds like they installed 04-05 washers into an 06-07 supercharger assembly.

Thanks for your reply's Alex and Hulk.

Alex, the gears, bearings and washers were also replaced- the entire unit was rebuilt as preventative maint. ie- it did not blow up- I did the change over on the recomendations of many people- riva, dealers, riders, racers, etc.

Hulk, thanks, will check this possiblity out and post update. The shop ordered washers from Riva- I'll ask about the correct year. Is there a thickness difference? And if so do you know the spec on each, by any chance? please post if you do...
    Thanks
    Dave

Thread Information