Tarpon Springs, FL

Questions about the stage 1 kit from Riva.

I'm very interested in this kit from Riva for my 06 RXT. I've read about the speed improvements but my question is does this kit give a better low end punch out of the water?

Also as I side note Im also interested in getting the RR rear exhaust kit. My wife rides it alot and I don't want her coming back and tell me to take it off cause its too loud. Can anyone kindof tell me how much louder I can expect my machine to be with the RR exhaust?

riva stage 1

just about everything in the stage I kit helps acceleration. it says that in the part descriptions and people's experience backs it up. its definitely a noticable difference when compared to stock.
    the pump wedge will bring the nose of the ski out of the water more during the holeshot.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Long Island, NY
    stage 1 kit is definitely a good starting point....

the exhaust... I love it and i'd never go back to stock, but once u go to a thru-hull exhaust there's really no turning back unless you get a 3" bulkhead fitting and make the "patch" look retarded or re-fiberglass and gelcote the hole.

it's louder, more aggressive sounding, defintiely not intolerable, but totally a subjective thing. i dont mind loudness, but i hate resonance.... the power flow pipes and free flow pipes resonate badly.... the thru-hulls are just louder, not annoying kinda loud.

Visalia, Ca
    I love the Thru-hull exaust, BUT if I had to do it again I wouldn't.

I really enjoy the quietness of my wife's gtx sc, and miss that about mine. When going WOT I don't mind the noise. It is when I'm cruising between the mountians in a cove that I miss the quiet ride.

And it does have a resonance (at least mine does) between 3000 and 3500 RPM.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    Dallas/Ft Worth, Tx
    I am about to do the thru hull too but it sounds like you have both sides here what you really need to do is try to find a way to hear it first then decide on your own. If there are modded skis in your area I am sure they wont mind letting you listen to them.

MB was worth the trip just for this

Thread Information