05 RXT with X-charger

We got my buddys 05 RXT in the water today after installing the X-charger, RRRFPR, Riva air intake and 15/22r impeller. It has a riva grate. everything else is stock. Water 60, air 72. Driver 260lbs. Water = very small chop.

I have a 04 RXP with riva grate and intake. Driver 200lbs I just added the Riva air intake. After this mod I can cavitate out of the hole. Before the mod it would not. Looks like a new impleller and charger soon for me.

The 05 RXT will just pull me out of the hole through mid range then I can just creep by on the top end.

No GPS numbers yet. I think the RXT got 4 to 5 mph with this upgrade and pulls better than a stock RXP. This RXT could not stay with my RXP before these mods.

I have 2 concerns
    1. The RXT was turning 7800 with blips of 7850. I think we should see better than this. What do you think?
    2. When I installed the new impeller I tightened the prop with a 18'' handle just tight. the impleer spins fine with finger but will not spin with out help. Did I over tighten the impleller?

Thanks for you input.

Chris

+1
    Still running the stock intercooler? You have too much prop.

Thats what I was thinking....

Thinking of doing the same mods on my RXT would love to hear your GPS numbers

Quote Originally Posted by chris7613 View Post
    We got my buddys 05 RXT in the water today after installing the X-charger, RRRFPR, Riva air intake and 15/22r impeller. It has a riva grate. everything else is stock. Water 60, air 72. Driver 260lbs. Water = very small chop.

I have a 04 RXP with riva grate and intake. Driver 200lbs I just added the Riva air intake. After this mod I can cavitate out of the hole. Before the mod it would not. Looks like a new impleller and charger soon for me.

The 05 RXT will just pull me out of the hole through mid range then I can just creep by on the top end.

No GPS numbers yet. I think the RXT got 4 to 5 mph with this upgrade and pulls better than a stock RXP. This RXT could not stay with my RXP before these mods.

I have 2 concerns
    1. The RXT was turning 7800 with blips of 7850. I think we should see better than this. What do you think?
    2. When I installed the new impeller I tightened the prop with a 18'' handle just tight. the impleer spins fine with finger but will not spin with out help. Did I over tighten the impleller?

Thanks for you input.

Chris
    Too much prop, I'm pushing a 15/20 with the same mods plus and intercooler and a 81mm nozzle ring. Those superchargers really pull though. Just a thought, it might be a good idea to pull the s/c and send it to Jerry for a once over. I know there has been one problem on the forum with the s/c shaft having too much play, causing touchdown. I just had a X s/c failure today, not sure if it was touchdown or bearings or something else, but the s/c only had 6 hours on it. Not trying to start a witch hunt against the X charger or cause any worries, I think it is an amazing performance modification and that these problems are a very small minority. I just experienced what it was like to be "ski-less" on a beautiful day, watching all the other pwcs out having fun and I would wish it on no one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Still running the stock intercooler? You have too much prop.
    +1

Thanks agibbs.
    I think it's to much prop too. Jerry recommended it. I will look into a inercooler. or step down to a 15/20.

chris

+1 on having too much prop... you mite want to try a 13/19 which is a stg II for RXT... but if you looking to sell or trade that 15/22R let me know... it would look mighty fine in my X

Thread Information