+1

RXT-X Stage 1 nozzle

I am just checking on if you guys are using the adjustable nozzel or not on the RXT-X I just installed the prop, 4" intake, catch can, and I already installed the grate I have the nozzel but Riva sent the one for a RXP as they told me this is the only one they have now and I will have to either remove OPAS or get some plugs for the hose so just looking for some results as this may not be a needed mod or does it help

if not I will put it on my 05

hoping to test Wednesday

I have an RXT-X with a full riva s1- minus the 2degree wedge(backordered).
    w/ 83mm ring in the nozzle--in 89degree salt water, high humidity, and high heat - (I am on FL's gulf coast-) I am getting 7960 rpm & speeds of 71+mph.
    According to riva, the reduction nozzle helps you get the rpm's up to or near 8k-(which is where you need to be) to mazimize the 15/22R prop, & top loader grate mods. I also have the opas block for reduced drag, and to reduce the boats tendency to "wander" at high speeds.
    The opas block off definitely make for a more stable ride in the chop with the increased top speeds- in short- this combination is working really well for me on flats and in the chop...I ride almost exclusively in the ocean and love it off shore in chop.

The opas block off also make the boat un-steerable when you are off throttle and in the transition zone between coming down off plane and high idle ( about 25- 10mph). So it handles better at speed, but you need to remeber this the first couple times and adjust your riding style to compensate.

I am waiting on the 2 degree wedge and belive it will be worth another .5-1 mph gain in certain conditions.

When you test, definitely use gps or radar, as the speedo on mine is VERY INACCURATE- TO THE POINT OF USELESS. If you can, test on same day, in same conditions both with and without the mod, or at least run it on gps a few times before you bolt the nozzle on, I would be interested to see what differences you find in RPM & MPH.

Good luck, lemme know how it goes.
    Dave

Everytime Ive reduced the size of the nozzle on my PX, the rpm have dropped. (and visa versa). If anyone has documented nozzle reductions raising rpm on an RTX or RXP, please chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by ba6636 View Post
    Everytime Ive reduced the size of the nozzle on my PX, the rpm have dropped. (and visa versa). If anyone has documented nozzle reductions raising rpm on an RTX or RXP, please chime in.

The revs being raised is as I said above, "acoording to Riva." This is my first "reduction nozzle" & with the stage one I did see the revs go from apround 7800 to 7900~8000. The way they explain it is in their "Sea Doo PWC Performance Forum" under the subject titled "rxt-x with upgrades...rpms?"

They explain it this way :
    " See if this puts it into perespective for you: It is like putting your finger over the end of a garden house. The valve is set the same, yet the water is spraying harder. You've increased the force by reducing the outlet without increasing the water flow. The engine is producing the same horsepower, but turning more rpm as a result of the reduction of the exit nozzle diameter. "

Again- the above is a Direct quote from Riva Crew... and my expirience seems to concur, though as I said- this is my first and only reduction nozzle.

Offshore2,

Im in Tampa, have the Riva reduction nozzle in my garage, if you would like to try it?

Sorry,

Just read that your using it already.. Disregard last post.

Hey ba6636,
    Thanks for the offer on the nozzle, anyway.

I am in St Pete and ride anywhere from pass-a-grille up to crystal river. Me and a cool group have been riding Sat, Sun, Tuesday afternoon, and Friday afternoon. Mostly in the corridor between ClearWater Pass and New Port Richey/N.Anclote Key. We use the intercoastal and also go offshore, depending on who wants to do what. Hit me up if you want to meet up for a ride. Last sunday- we rode from New Port Richey to Crystal River- about 100 miles round trip. This sunday I am looking to do the same ride again but my bro is outta town. And will probably end up running up there alone. U interested in takin' the really, long, cool ride with our 2 fast X boats? If so PM me or respond here.

+1
    I am running the Riva stg one. On Friday at the MB4 I was running the 83mm noozle ring and turning 8060 to 8080 rpms. So Friday night I installed the 82mm ring. Well--on Saterday's radar run I ran 73.5 mph (full tank of gas and I weigh 240 lbs) and was turning 8040 to 8060 rpms. I should have put the 81 mm ring and have the rpms at 8000 or less and might have gone 74 mph. Here what I found interesting. Riva's 2008 RXP-X with their stage two kit installed (which is intercooler relocation kit with metal pipes $500 plus dollars....... rear air kit $399 dollars....... thru hull exhaust around $250 and they only out ran me by about a mile and a half. Very expensive speed increase. Of course I understand once you start going faster--each mph gets more expensive.
    Last edited by Sundance; 06-18-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Thread Information