Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    friebe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    224

    2062 mile endurance race in Alaska

    For those of you that havent heard about this GRAND event I thought I would pass this along. The website
    www.wetdograce.com has a ton of info, check it out.

    Steve

    Dear Fellow PWC Racers, Riders, Owners,and Enthusiasts,

    First we would like to say thank you for taking the time to read this note.
    This is a one time letter to you should you decide you are not interested in
    the Alaskan Wet Dog Race. If after you have researched the Alaskan Wet Dog
    Race and think that you are interested in learning more about this “history
    in the making event”, fill out our survey form on the website and complete
    the section to keep you informed. We will then add your e-mail to our list
    and keep you informed as to the progress of the event.

    The Alaskan Wet Dog Race is going to be an annual PWC team endurance race in
    Alaska that is over 2000 miles long. It is the longest race of its kind as
    far as we know. Not only will this be the longest PWC endurance race of its
    kind but it is also going to have one of the largest prize payouts ever
    offered in the watercrafting industry.

    Of the 2000 plus miles, 1800 miles will be on the ocean. Around 400 miles
    will be in the Prince William Sound area, about 400 miles will be in the
    Cook Inlet, 600 miles will be in the Gulf of Alaska, and 400 miles will be
    in Bristol Bay area. The remaining 200 plus miles will be covered in rivers
    and lakes. Because of the logistics and the open ocean waters, this will not
    be a simple race, but at the same time the rewards will be well worth the
    challenge.
    We are asking you to please take a few moments to check out our website and
    discover what the Alaskan Wet Dog Race is all about. We are confident that
    you and your friends will find it very intriguing and we challenge you to
    dream a little, give it some serious thought, and fill out the survey form
    to help us define our market.

    We are very interested in hearing your thoughts and comments on our plans.
    Those who participate in the very first race are the ones who set the
    standards and records for the future racers to beat. Will you be one of
    those racers?

    If you are a member of the American Watercraft Association, you receive RIDE
    magazine with your membership. You will find an article about the Alaskan
    Wet Dog Race in the 2008 May/June issue on page 18 under the WATERFRONT
    section. You will also be able to see the article on the Latest News page
    of the website.

    You can check out our website at http://wetdograce.com and sign up for more
    information. Thank you for your time and we look forward to talking with
    you about this up and coming world class exciting event.
    Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely,
    John Lang
    Founder of the Alaskan Wet Dog Race


  2. #2
    now THIS is hard core... read through the site - very cool!

  3. #3
    The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,231
    +1
    1,043
    All I can say is.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Sounds like one hell adventure

  4. #4
    The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,231
    +1
    1,043
    After reading some of that website. I don't see how they are going to get 500 entries @ 25000.00 a piece

  5. #5
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    After reading some of that website. I don't see how they are going to get 500 entries @ 25000.00 a piece
    i was thinking the same thing.... plus the prepay of fuel.... you know they are gonna make money off of that, i don't know any race that has an entry fee that high......

  6. #6
    The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,231
    +1
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i was thinking the same thing.... plus the prepay of fuel.... you know they are gonna make money off of that, i don't know any race that has an entry fee that high......
    I was looking at the course map!! the milage beetween ck 12 and ck 13 is over 100 miles of open ocean !!!!! don't no of to many PWC's that will go that far on a tank!!!

  7. #7
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nils888 View Post
    I was looking at the course map!! the milage beetween ck 12 and ck 13 is over 100 miles of open ocean !!!!! don't no of to many PWC's that will go that far on a tank!!!
    it says you must able to hold and carry enough fuel to go between checkpoints

  8. #8
    friebe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clovis, Ca
    Posts
    224
    If you read all the details you will see that they are going to have fuel barges put in those places that are too far apart for the pwcs to make it.
    I have never seen a race with that high of an entry fee either but then first place pays out 2 million dollars per team, have not seen that either.

    As far as the pre-pay fuel to be a money maker, if you read all the info you will see that the moneys that are not needed will end up going back to the entrants. The way things are going I think I would like to be buying my fuel a year in advance!!!

    Nils, Speaking of entry fees, I have 4 sponsors so far for 2500 each so if you would like to help out as a sponsor let me know and I will add you to the list.

    As much as I love the RUDE chargers I think I may have to go with an NA unit for this gig.

    Lets not bash the guy for dreaming big, He has put alot of time and effort in. I know my team is sure hoping it happens.

    Steve

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by friebe1 View Post
    If you read all the details you will see that they are going to have fuel barges put in those places that are too far apart for the pwcs to make it.
    I have never seen a race with that high of an entry fee either but then first place pays out 2 million dollars per team, have not seen that either.

    As far as the pre-pay fuel to be a money maker, if you read all the info you will see that the moneys that are not needed will end up going back to the entrants. The way things are going I think I would like to be buying my fuel a year in advance!!!

    Nils, Speaking of entry fees, I have 4 sponsors so far for 2500 each so if you would like to help out as a sponsor let me know and I will add you to the list.

    As much as I love the RUDE chargers I think I may have to go with an NA unit for this gig.

    Lets not bash the guy for dreaming big, He has put alot of time and effort in. I know my team is sure hoping it happens.

    Steve
    what craft do are u thinking of being on for this?? sounds like an awesome race... throw any extra sponsors my way!! lol.. carribean to alaska would be a big change!! sounds like an awesome race though!

  10. #10
    The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,231
    +1
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by friebe1 View Post
    If you read all the details you will see that they are going to have fuel barges put in those places that are too far apart for the pwcs to make it.
    I have never seen a race with that high of an entry fee either but then first place pays out 2 million dollars per team, have not seen that either.

    As far as the pre-pay fuel to be a money maker, if you read all the info you will see that the moneys that are not needed will end up going back to the entrants. The way things are going I think I would like to be buying my fuel a year in advance!!!

    Nils, Speaking of entry fees, I have 4 sponsors so far for 2500 each so if you would like to help out as a sponsor let me know and I will add you to the list.

    As much as I love the RUDE chargers I think I may have to go with an NA unit for this gig.

    Lets not bash the guy for dreaming big, He has put alot of time and effort in. I know my team is sure hoping it happens.

    Steve
    N.A. Is rite!!!! As for sponsorship!!! I might consider it!!!! If you might consider Doug brown for a teammate!!!!
    Last edited by Nils888; 06-28-2008 at 11:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Mark Hahn Memorial 300 Mile Endurance Race - Feb 28
    By Socaloffshore in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 174
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 11:30 PM
  2. Endurance Race in Michigan?
    By Keddano in forum Midwest
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM
  3. 75 Mile Endurance Race-Nor Cal.
    By Dubz1 in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:32 AM
  5. 2006 – Mark Hahn Memorial, 300 Mile Endurance Race
    By Green Hulk in forum Race Events and News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •