+1

Electrical Gremlins

Hi. I posted last week looking for some diagnostic help for my 07 GPR. Jim suggested trying a couple things but unfortunately none of them cured my problem. Quick rundown of what happened - was wavejumping and had a couple things i forgot about in the hull ( a wetsuit glove and a bottle of water). Right after jumping a wave my ski bogged and fell on its face. Wouldnt rev. After popping the seat I discovered the wetsuit glove got sucked into my air intake box. I pulled it out but had same problems with ski bogging and running like shat. I got towed to an island inshore and had tools to take off throttle bodies and inspect. Found nothing else lodged in there. Got towed all the way back to ramp. Ski started for a second and bogged and died. Couldnt start again from there. I noticed after taking stinger and U pipe off that the throttle cable for the oil injection must have been knocked off the bracket. Put it back on and ski still wont start
    Over weekend hooked it up to YDS (thanks Inkaddict) and my TPS voltage was high. Neither throttle cable was too tight. Ski has no spark and no fuel. Unplugged TPS and voltage went up. Disconnected Riva ECU still nothing. Before I literally tear this thing down to the jugs and start putting it all together again does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by ecpChris; 06-17-2008 at 08:15 AM.

there is a switch on the TBs that kills the engine if the throttle is open when starting. See if the cable is slack at idle but this wouldn't stop it from reving once started. Also make sure the water sensor is plugged in on the stinger this too will stop it from starting. make sure the plug wires didn't pull out of the coils, seen that many times, run great on trailer but not in the water.
    Mike

+1
    Thanks Mike. I actually pulled apart every wire harness and cleaned the connectors as well as basically every other part of the ski except for the jugs and head. It started up at least. Tonight i have to finish putting it back together and hopefully get it wet and see if it runs right. Have my fingers crossed

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    did you change the plugs? lack of air will cause them to foul

+1
    I have a brand new set of NGK's just waiting to go in. i wanted to get it started first so i didnt foul any others

What I was talking about is in the black box where the plug wire goes into the coil, I have seen many skis that pull the wire out of the coil. It still sparks at the plug but under a load the spark brakes down.
    Just a thought
    Mike

Thread Information