petes hulling rxp

I talked to frank and he got his ski back together today,He said he had good rpm but only hit 70 mph and change?He has hit 80 mph + with vid to prove this he had overfilled oil but had 8400 rpm with his r/r stage 3? any ideas he had all the same parts in his ski He just added the ss wear ring and double bearing form ppg.Mabie ppg had a prop mix up?or he has some weird probs, He said he smoked a stock rxp any way. I diddnt ride with him today but i ran good hit 67 mph in the chop and I never ran a speed run, I would have hit at least 71 mph today with se bottom for my mods

+1
    if he was still turning 8400 RPM's his problem is not over filled oil.

Jerry, his was hitting 6200 rpm and once we figured out that the intercooler tube came apart(clamp broke and hose came loose) thats when we started to look for other problems. checked his oil and his dip stick was double the amount needed. The clutch seemed to be slipping from what Frank mentioned to me earlier because he said he couldn't get the rpms up past 8000. Once he hit 8300 when we attached his intercooler pipe again and then it came loose. Numerous misc problems today so hopefully we can figure out what happended tommarow when we test it again. Wish us luck

+1
    Good luck guys and let us know how it turns out.

It seems like his skat track modded pump with ss wear ring,we switch parts all day today frank was only hitting 70 mph or so and at 8100 rpm
    so we traded pumps Im underpowered for his prop I think stock engine for me. but I only hit 68 mph at 7650 rpm with his pump assembly.Frank used my pump stock with ppg pitch,but I got a rock stuck im my pump yesterday ,my hole shot is gone on my prop hitting rev limiter in stock motor and lost top end.Anyways enough blabbering,Frank went back 2 8400 rpm and gained top speed from his pump assembly approx 71.2 72mph with a bad wear ring and prop that needs fixing from ppg I Killed it (so I think it is a tolerance isue in the modded pump assembly,Burn marks in the ss wer ring?has anyone else seen burn marks in the ss ring?

+1
    Seems like whatever the problem is that destroys the plastic wearings so quickly is still there with the stainless one. Only with a stainless ring you damage the prop and the ring + $$$$

Richard

+1
    I thought the same thing too. I was extremely skeptical about switching to a stainless ring after wearing out plastic wear rings in 6 hours or less.

I now have 30+ hours on my ss wear ring with absolutely no damage to the ring or the impeller. The tolerance between the two is just as tight as the day i installed it.

I just think the plastic they use is junk and it's a cash haul for Seadoo. Every other manufacturer uses stainless steel.

+1
    The Sea Doo pumps are a cash grab.
    I would love to have my old Polaris SLX pump on my RXP.
    That pump was bulletproof.

Thread Information