Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

JD1 problems at MB

no excuses, I just cant do well at Mud Bug here's a pic of the pump shoe, I found this out in the parkinglot right after the radar run, sorry you guys didnt get see a 90+mph pass

87.6mph
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	78111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	78112  
    Last edited by JD 1; 06-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.

JD2
    wow

wow thats crazy

+1
    Of course I am not as fast, but the broken pump shoe has cost me 4.5 mph.

+1
    I should post pictures of what I did ... I am travelling constantly lately, so no pics at the moment, but I drilled a hole up from the rideplate tab (center) grate mounting hole into the pump shoe. I then scuffed up the shoe real good, cleaned it with acetone, and layed in two layers of carbon fiber/epoxy resin. I then redrilled the hole again, ground down that area a little, then fit a medium SS fender washer, and a special t bolt nut (zero protusion, sits flush on top of the fender washer) then bolted in a SS bolt from the rideplate tab hole thru the fender washer/bolt combo. It all sits flush top and bottom ... I then layed on another layer of carbon fiber and epoxy resin over that ... then sanded a little and painted one last bit of epoxy resin over it all to make it super smooth. The carbon fiber wrapped over the lip of the shoe as well and I ground it just enough to fit the grate and girdle in.

I also added the R&D girdle at the same time. So now the pump shoe is bolted and CF/resined to the ride plate (and is seriously reinforced with all the CF/resin) and the intake grate is fastened securely to the girdle/ride plate too.

Very easy to do actually and it is now super strong. Now if I could just get off the travel treadmill and actually ride my ski I would be happy!

By the way, to give you an idea how strong the West System epoxy resin it, I ground out the bilge bumps in two of my adj ring nozzles, plugged the holes and then poured in epoxy resin and let it harden inside the nozzle. After two seasons of riding, both nozzles still look like the day I did it ... no wear, no chipping, no scratches even, the resin is still crystal clear and see through ... and that is INSIDE the thrust nozzle. So with proper surface prep, the stuff is incredibly strong.
    Last edited by Vern; 06-17-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    no excuses, I just cant do well at Mud Bug here's a pic of the pump shoe, I found this out in the parkinglot right after the radar run, sorry you guys didnt get see a 90+mph pass

87.6mph
    that is crazy

JD2
    WOW

+1
    the shoe split right down the center (from the grate)of the shoe and peeled back up, starting underneith, the R&D girdle was gone and also the brass inserts

+1
    Boy are you lucky that grate did not rip out and throw you off the ski. Happy you found it.

+1
    Dan go start ANOTHER THREAD in the Kawi and Yami sections ................ i dont thing their forum members parents and grandparents know yet that your pump shoe broke COWBOY! PERIOD!!!! hahahahahahahahaha i mean if u can rent a billboard on here DO IT!!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information