Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X 10hr Question

Read lots of RXP-X threads and seems other are seeing better stock number than I. 10hrs 71 degrees, 1500 elevation, ripples (almost glass) 1/2 tank, rpm's 7880-7920 best run 68.4. This seems a bit low (rpm's and sppen). I've read about RXT-X's going 68. I want to dial it in stock before adding mods. Should I just re-pitch to get 8,000rpm's? Also when the dealer does the 10hrs service do they have to tell the ecu they have done the 10hr service time to let it rip or does the ecu do that once it hits 10hrs?

+1

10 hr

Dealer told me that a maint/service light will flash at 10 hours. Dealer need to check over the ski & change the oil and turn off the maint/service light. If dealer does not do the 10 hour service, Seadoo could void future warranty claims. This is what my dealer told me.........

P, was that 68 run GPS'd?

+1
    Get a prop, cold air intake, and intake grate 73mph.

Yeah... I'm a little myself with my P-X. Just took it in for the 10 hour service a couple of hours ago.

My best is now [email protected] a bit above 3/4 tank, 75 deg. air, 78 deg. water, 887ft. above sea level, with ~3-6" chop. This was at the 9 hour mark. I didn't see any better than that after 10 hours, but only tried once really (and then I got caught in a severe storm with hail and all, while 3 lakes away from home). For me, the ski "woke up" at the 8 hour mark. Accelleration was def. noticable and I gained 60-80RPM on top immediatly. I went from a mid 65mph to the 67's I'm at now. I also noticed that my best speed was with VTS 1 click above center.

What get's me is that I did see 8040RPMs a few minutes that morning, but never got a GPS run. That was at ~9am, the only difference in conditions being that it was a bit under 70deg. air.

I'm hoping at that there's nothing wrong with my ski, and it's just all the gas and my added weight (335lbs) and therefore wind resistance slowing me down. From what people have told me though, is that they can get within' 2mph of their best speed with a passenger on a P-X.

We'll see how she goes after I get it back from the service. Hopefully I find a little more speed before modding. I'm gonna put my younger brother on there and have him do a speed run too.

-=Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstylus View Post
    P, was that 68 run GPS'd?
    yep

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifere View Post
    Read lots of RXP-X threads and seems other are seeing better stock number than I. 10hrs 71 degrees, 1500 elevation, ripples (almost glass) 1/2 tank, rpm's 7880-7920 best run 68.4.your probably loosing close to 150 to 200 rpm at your altitude. This seems a bit low (rpm's and sppen). I've read about RXT-X's going 68. I want to dial it in stock before adding mods. Should I just re-pitch to get 8,000rpm's?yes, take some pitch out of the trailering edge of prop to get to 8,000rpm. Also when the dealer does the 10hrs service do they have to tell the ecu they have done the 10hr service time to let it rip or does the ecu do that once it hits 10hrs?
    no, the computer knows all. the only thing the stealership can reset is the maintance function on the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    Yeah... I'm a little myself with my P-X. Just took it in for the 10 hour service a couple of hours ago.

My best is now [email protected] a bit above 3/4 tank, 75 deg. air, 78 deg. water, 887ft. above sea level, with ~3-6" chop. This was at the 9 hour mark. I didn't see any better than that after 10 hours, but only tried once really (and then I got caught in a severe storm with hail and all, while 3 lakes away from home). For me, the ski "woke up" at the 8 hour mark. Accelleration was def. noticable and I gained 60-80RPM on top immediatly. I went from a mid 65mph to the 67's I'm at now. I also noticed that my best speed was with VTS 1 click above center.

What get's me is that I did see 8040RPMs a few minutes that morning, but never got a GPS run. That was at ~9am, the only difference in conditions being that it was a bit under 70deg. air.

I'm hoping at that there's nothing wrong with my ski, and it's just all the gas and my added weight (335lbs) and therefore wind resistance slowing me down. From what people have told me though, is that they can get within' 2mph of their best speed with a passenger on a P-X.

We'll see how she goes after I get it back from the service. Hopefully I find a little more speed before modding. I'm gonna put my younger brother on there and have him do a speed run too.

-=Mike
    Mikey, just for grins do aback to back gps run with you and then put someone arround 200 lbs or less and see what speed. I think you will find weight does matter. In the case of some skis running faster with passenger i believe is more because of the weight distribution on ski to the back overcoming the weight issue. also some of those 2 up riddings claims are probably with a buck 80 driver and a smaller rider on back so not a big weight issue. 02. cents.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Mikey, just for grins do aback to back gps run with you and then put someone arround 200 lbs or less and see what speed. I think you will find weight does matter. In the case of some skis running faster with passenger i believe is more because of the weight distribution on ski to the back overcoming the weight issue. also some of those 2 up riddings claims are probably with a buck 80 driver and a smaller rider on back so not a big weight issue. 02. cents.

Yeah... I gotta stop being a b!tch and let someone else ride my ski again. I let my bro. ride it once when I first got it, and he f'ed up in some chop and the handlebars were loose. Yeah.. he cracked his entire chin open and was in a daze, so much so that when I told him to "turn it off" cause he was at the dock, that he gave it gas, ran me over and bumped the dock (no marks thank god).

Ok... No more posting for me until I have another rider do a run.

To the original poster.. sorry for hi-jacking. I was going to ask if you had sucked any weeds/rocks up yet and that maybe that was affecting your speed, but your RPMs are kinda low too so... see what it does after your 10 hour service. Also.. check the oil the "right" way. With it warmed up all the way, and running it for 30 seconds, waiting 30 seconds and then checking it. I did that with mine right before I took it out of the water any my oil is a tad above the top mark. This can cost RPMs. too. It should be at the bottom 1/4 of the acceptable range when hot (which will show a little low if you check it when it's cold. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-=Mike

i think it opens up around 8 as well, thats when i felt my big jump

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information