Rebuilding a 787

How hard is it to rebuild a 787 engine and where could i find a diy on it?, also i was thinking of having the block bored .50 over getting a milled head, rebuilding and rejetting the carbs, and i was looking for a pipe but cant find one for the 96 gtx so anyone know where i could get a proformance pipe, and changing the impellor, then do you think this will get me to 63 mph?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
    How hard is it to rebuild a 787 engine and where could i find a diy on it?, also i was thinking of having the block bored .50 over getting a milled head, rebuilding and rejetting the carbs, and i was looking for a pipe but cant find one for the 96 gtx so anyone know where i could get a proformance pipe, and changing the impellor, then do you think this will get me to 63 mph?
    If you got common mechanical skils and a shop manual it isn't that hard. If you go on the website of PPG (sea-doo.net) you can download the shopmanual for free on an PDF file. A milled head won't give you more top speed but rather more low end and mid range. It may increase the top speed only by a notch. An 12 year old craft will only benefit from an carb. rebuild. As for an pipe, I assume that the factory pipe will work in your craft. Also the R.E. pipe will do. Altough I have always had the best results with factory pipes. 0.50 rebored will bring it also to life, but most of the time if you port the engine, you gain a lot. I don't know if the rotax 800 engine will accept porting due stock they are already radical ported. Check on groupk.com on their articles about porting for the 800cc craft. about the impeller go with Solas. Check their techs about the best pitch for your craft. I think you can get 63mph out of it, mabey even a little more. good luck and let us know.

Thread Information