Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro-series vs. Performace Power filter kit

Guys, I am starting to mod my ski.

I am looking to change the intake and wanted to get some feed back from you guys.

I have the budget right now for the pro series intake , but have a few questions.

1. I do a decent amount of off shore riding so water is always coming over the time..(depending on the weater that day or when i am doing doughnuts) .. am i going to be sucking up water ?

2. How does it sound. it says on site that its pretty loud. am i going to get sick of listening to it.. or will i be impressed. ?

3. how are the instructions for putting it in.. do i have to cut anything .. about how long does it take.. ?

Ok thats about it guys, thanks for your help

+1
    Stay away from the pro series intake manifold. When it comes to water, it'll suck it up into your motor like a shop vac.

I have a performer series for sale. Brand new, never opened. PM me if interested.

+1
    I run the performer intake and do very little rough water riding. When I get water over the bars, I'm ingestion water. I think Jwilson has some ideas on modding the OEM intake. Worth looking into and cheaper!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    I run the performer intake and do very little rough water riding. When I get water over the bars, I'm ingestion water. I think Jwilson has some ideas on modding the OEM intake. Worth looking into and cheaper!
    Um, how is that possible or happening? Are you sure you don't have the PRO intake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Um, how is that possible or happening? Are you sure you don't have the PRO intake?
    I'm not running the PRO intake!! Its coming over the bars and getting sucked right into the engine.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    I'm not running the PRO intake!! Its coming over the bars and getting sucked right into the engine.
    OK, well it needs to get in the hull before it can get in the engine.

Are you running the flat filter?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    OK, well it needs to get in the hull before it can get in the engine.

Are you running the flat filter?
    Yes. The intake sits right under the flat filter.

It's not enough water to create hydrolock, but enough to make it run like shi*t for a few mins.
    Last edited by Scott; 06-18-2008 at 11:22 AM.

wouldnt the pro series with the intake in the glove box prevent water from getting up and into the intake...

the water would have to travel up under the box, fill that and then get past the filter... right?

Go with the performer intake

The intake is not actually in the glove box...to install the pro intake you cut the glove box way down so that you are able to fit the intake's filter where the larger glove box used to be and with this intake you stand a very likely chance of water ingestion...yea there is a plastic "box" and a pre-filter that you put over top of the real filter that is there to help prevent water ingestion...but...many that use or have used the pro intake will tell you those water ingestion preventers dont work too well

Last summer I had the pro intake and and got so sick of keeping an eye on making sure I avoid taking water over the bow in fear that it would work its way down to the intake and then into the engine so this year when I summarized my Ultra 250x I modified the pro intake and changed it into a performer intake so there is no chance of water getting into my engine

So unless you will be riding on very calm water and will not be making hard aggressive turns or maneuvers and know for a fact you will have absolutely no water what so ever coming over the bow I suggest for you not to get the pro intake and go with the performer intake

Quote Originally Posted by mugmainer View Post
    wouldnt the pro series with the intake in the glove box prevent water from getting up and into the intake...

the water would have to travel up under the box, fill that and then get past the filter... right?
    Last edited by Ultra250xryder; 06-18-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information