Thread: new 15f owner!

new 15f owner!

Picked up a 2006 red/black 15f for my wife. I made my choice due to the positive opinions on this forum. So, Thank you! I paid $8500 otd with a Zieman double trailer w/box and gas can storage and nice diamond plate walkways. Is there anything I should look for? I have heard of some small hose that may come off and flood the hull. Is this a known problem? Other than that one concern, I am excited to hit the water with my wife and her her new ski. I ride a RXT-X and thought this would be a good ski so she can kind of keep up, her other Yamaha cruiser could not hang at all.

was this a left over unit or used ?? either way when i bought my 08 i took it straight home and went over everything, check all clamps especially, ride plate bolts, steering components outback, and sponsons (stabilizers)etc etc sometimes the dealer does a shi**y job and you really dont want to lose any parts do u ??? i got home and my battery straps were not in place, if i would of rode like that, who knows what could of happened with a 15lb battery jumping all over the place. its better to be safe.

your wife will love the power of the 15f, it will NOT hang with the x on top, but bottom end power is more than sufficient. there are a couple of guys here runnin 68-69 mphs on just very simple bolt ons (less than $ 1K in parts) = not bad for a naturally aspirated 4 banger motor and the cost to make it run that fast.

good luck and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by puppi350 View Post
    there are a couple of guys here runnin 68-69 mphs on just very simple bolt ons (less than $ 1K in parts)
    care to elaborate.. that sounds like one hell of a bargain. lol

besides, my wallet is burning a hole in my pocket

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by puppi350 View Post
    got home and my battery straps were not in place, if i would of rode like that, who knows what could of happened with a 15lb battery jumping all over the place. its better to be safe.
    Wow. Something similar happened to sixtydashone. The guy from the dealer was going over the ski and showing how things work etc. He pops the seat off and the battery hold downs were off.

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Wow. Something similar happened to sixtydashone. The guy from the dealer was going over the ski and showing how things work etc. He pops the seat off and the battery hold downs were off.

yep... the straps were sitting there like a hooker on the corner... Just waiting to be strapped.

weird stuff!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtydashone View Post
    care to elaborate.. that sounds like one hell of a bargain. lol

besides, my wallet is burning a hole in my pocket
    +1

any info would be great!!

I wanna go Fast!

riva rpm kit is a great start basically free flow exhaust, rd plate, intake and a good prop will put u into the 65-66 zone easily, if properly tuned, like some guys here shoot for 67-68mph u can always leave the sponsons for last

well, things changed. I passed on the 06 and instead brought home a red 2008 and a Triton Elite double trailer. We took it out for a ride and did a little engine break in. It pulls to 60 easily, left my buddies 06 Yami cruiser with the RPM kit no problem. The speedometer seems fairly accurate. I'll check it with the GPS on Saturday. Overall, this is a very nice ski for the $$$$. My wife has an ear to ear grin when shes riding it. That alone makes it all worth it.

Thread Information