+1

Jim's mod: Closed Loop Plate to Open Loop Plate

This question is for Jim, but I decided to post it in the open forum since others may be wondering the same thing.

I have an RXP rideplate that I had sent to Jim to have his closed loop mod done. I got it back from Jim a while ago, but still haven't installed it.

I'm wondering about sending the modded plate back and having it converted into the open loop mod. Can it be done? Since I assume it's either more or less work considering the plate is already modded somewhat, what would be the price?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    This question is for Jim, but I decided to post it in the open forum since others may be wondering the same thing.

I have an RXP rideplate that I had sent to Jim to have his closed loop mod done. I got it back from Jim a while ago, but still haven't installed it.

I'm wondering about sending the modded plate back and having it converted into the open loop mod. Can it be done? Since I assume it's either more or less work considering the plate is already modded somewhat, what would be the price?
    It is not less work because if there are welded skeggs they have to be taken of first. And if it the regular mod with no skeggs that mod has no barring because the middle section has to be remove were the machining was done and a new section welded in, And the closed loop mod has the bosses machined and angled were the open loop one does not have the bosses machined or angled. Your best bet would be to sell the plate and get the sellers old plate as a core. It's for sale on the on line store.

+1
    Ok, thanks!

I just love the way the RXP rides with the open loop plate pushing it up out of the water

Thread Information