PETESHAULING 1ST DAY OUT IN A MONTH

Took my ski out today. And my ski did not perform to it's duty. My top speed if you want to call it that was 70mph My rpms were 8300-8400. Is that weird? My inner-cooler tube kept slipping off, I tried my stock venturi which I turned into a 81 1/2 and a 1/4 inch longer, and my oil was over filled. I'll be going back out in the morning, Daren will be joining me, he was with me today. So I came back home and fixed my inner-cooler problem, drained almost a quart of oil, wich is wierd cause I only bought 4 quarts and put in 3! I thought they took just under 3 1/2 quarts? So I got my oil level right now, between the two notches, changing my venturi to the 81 Glen sent me. and gonna try it again tomorrow morning. When my inner-cooler clamp slipped off the 1st time my rpms were 6200. So I'll post again tomorrow after these changes I done. Other than that I had a good time today. My ski felt really strong but the speed wasn't there. It was 90 out today and some humidity, no flat water nowhere today, million boats out today.

charge your phone and turn it on frank I need to talk call me I you can

Hope you get your speeds back up, you were faster than me today, but not by that much. Me(yellow #13) and mike(new red #19) were gonna cut up our seats tonite like yours and catch up with you tommorow, but after we left you guys to go over to gull, I picked up a piece of steel and it killed my entire pump. Mike had to tow me allll the way back to the house where I took it apart. My nice shiny impros 12/19.5 impeller is trash now, my wear ring is in pieces, my pump housing and the viens are toast, and my pump support and viens are hacked up. thats as far as I got tonite, so I wont be out there tommorow.

If anyone in the detroit area has some of theese parts in thier garage let me know so I can get back on the water asap

It wasn't that bad as Frank is putting it. What would you expect after rushing to put together your ski at the last minute. Some of this was expected like I told you. I'm just glad there was no more water leaking in the hull.

Frank had to go back to the dealership 2 times this today to get parts they forgot to install on his rxp. When they replaced the pump shoe they forgot to install a cable nut and clips to hold it on. Dealership mechanic must be in a hurry or something.

Today his intercooler pipe clamp came loose 3 times while riding and blew the hose right off the pipe. When that happened his speeds dropped dramatically. That's when he was running 70. That's what happens when you rush things and try to get on the water. The actually clamp was bad and kept coming lose while under boost. It was a first day testing....tommarow will be much better. The overfilling of the oil probably had allot do with the clutch slipping and of course the no intercooling when the clamp came apart effected his speeds. The intercooler wasn't working and the supercharger was just sucking in hot hull air when that hose came off.

I think Frank changed too much all at once... too many things that didn't work today effected your speeds. Put the ppg nozzle back on, fixed the intercooler tube problem, drained the extra oil in the motor and that monster will be back up to normal tommarow hopefully.

Yellow 13--- Sorry to hear about your wear ring and prop I know Frank and Kevin (Kraxy K) have spare props and wear rings. Can the veins be ported and polished or are they really hacked up to bits? Maybe reweld them and grind them down. Then smooth them out. Otherwise a pump housing is going to cost a pretty penny.

Here is a helpfull diagram and parts listing
    http://69.60.104.141/cgi-bin/mivavm?...de=SE04RXPPUSY

Some dealerships are open tommarow but I doubt they will stock these items..might take 2 days to get. Might want to consider what Frank did...sent it to Skat Trak for a double bearing mod and they can fix the pump.

well it looks like I can save the pump housing with some work, the pump support is still hacked but I'll use it anyway for a while, I got a temporary impeller, so if I can get ahold of a wear ring, and there are no other problems that I don't see I should be able to run, I'm sure my speeds will be down untill I can get new parts.

dv8rxp, I have a wear ring for you, not to sell, you can have it, going out to pontiac lake today.586-943-1077

Well went out again this morning,with Daren. Sad to say my ski didn't perform to it's fullest, I was hitting only 8050 rpms. I tried 3 different venturis nothing. Now I only had two things done to my ski,SC clutch, and my pump done by skat-trak. My buddy crazy-K had his stock rxp there too. He has a solas re-pitch from PPG, wich a little banged up, so for the heck of it we switched pumps to see if anything on our skis. My set up didn't work for Kevin, but as for his stock pump and nicked up prop I went to 8400 rpms I couldn't believe it, his wear ring was also banged up too. So whatever Skat-Trak did it cost me 400 rpms. So I can't do anything till monday when I call Glen. I still take on a little water, but it's minimual. My best speed was 70 @ 8050 rpms. I didn't gps my speed when I hit 8400 rpms, I take it I went 4mph more though. My speed is still shy . It was 90 out today, my ski got heat soaked big time

At least we fixed the intercooler clamps from comming lose and hoses from poping off the intercooler. Still a slight water leak problem Have to check and see if the fiberglass work they tried to fix is the culprit.

Yup, the tolerance issue on that pump is way off... BURN MARKS BAD on the steal wear ring. No rpms at all with that modded double bearing skat track pump with steal wear ring. I was seeing only 7900rpms at first no matter what nozzle we tried. 7800 with the 81mm and 7900-7950 with the 81.5mm. Once Frank switched pumps with Kevin the rpms went back up to 8400 but that prop was hit bad from yesterday
    when kevin got a rock stuck in his pump. Still Frank going 74mph with a messed up pump. Hopefully when the clearance issue is solved his ski will be back up to the 77-80 mark.

Kevin posted this in the other thread:
    It seems like his skat track modded pump with ss wear ring,we switch parts all day today frank was only hitting 70 mph or so and at 8100 rpm
    so we traded pumps Im underpowered for his prop I think stock engine for me. but I only hit 68 mph at 7650 rpm with his pump assembly.Frank used my pump stock with ppg pitch,but I got a rock stuck im my pump yesterday ,my hole shot is gone on my prop hitting rev limiter in stock motor and lost top end.Anyways enough blabbering,Frank went back 2 8400 rpm and gained top speed from his pump assembly approx 71.2 72mph with a bad wear ring and prop that needs fixing from ppg I Killed it (so I think it is a tolerance isue in the modded pump assembly,Burn marks in the ss wer ring?has anyone else seen burn marks in the ss ring?

Thread Information