1995 Seadoo Problem / Electrical? Pleez help

I was out today and on the way in I jumped a couple of boat wakes. One of the wakes really submerged the boat but, the bilge was bone dry. The moment I got back to shore the engine died.

All the ski would do is make a clicking sound. I open up the grey box check the fuses. The 15 amp fuse is toast, smelted so I replaced it. The five amp fuse is all good. I checked the Batt: Good. I checked power at both sides of the solenoid: Good. (checked the out put side while depressing the start button. The MPEM looks good; not melted. There is an aftermarket TAC, I think Im going to pull off. The analog works fine. Also this is a premix the oil pump system is gone and the carbs are capped. It has a UMI steering sys with start button. Thats about it for the mods. Well it has a factory pipe as well. When I try to turn on the ski it doesnt blow the fuse either.

So when I hold the start button down the lights flash and the BATT light stays on. Pressing in the kill switch doesnt seem to make any difference. Any input with this is much appreciated. I am failry mechanically inclined and I have access to a full 2M support staff, tools etc. So please fire away with ideas, Im all ears.

Thanks,
    -Jsun

This is a 95 HX

Quote Originally Posted by jsun3701 View Post
    I was out today and on the way in I jumped a couple of boat wakes. One of the wakes really submerged the boat but, the bilge was bone dry. The moment I got back to shore the engine died.

All the ski would do is make a clicking sound. I open up the grey box check the fuses. The 15 amp fuse is toast, smelted so I replaced it. The five amp fuse is all good. I checked the Batt: Good. I checked power at both sides of the solenoid: Good. (checked the out put side while depressing the start button. The MPEM looks good; not melted. There is an aftermarket TAC, I think Im going to pull off. The analog works fine. Also this is a premix the oil pump system is gone and the carbs are capped. It has a UMI steering sys with start button. Thats about it for the mods. Well it has a factory pipe as well. When I try to turn on the ski it doesnt blow the fuse either.

So when I hold the start button down the lights flash and the BATT light stays on. Pressing in the kill switch doesnt seem to make any difference. Any input with this is much appreciated. I am failry mechanically inclined and I have access to a full 2M support staff, tools etc. So please fire away with ideas, Im all ears.

Thanks,
    -Jsun

Edit: I read your post again and my diagnosis doesn't apply.

Ideas

Do you have any ideas?

My 95 had the same problem. It was the lanyard switch. It looked good but but as soon as I touched the wires one fell out of the switch. Pissed me off cause I bought a new selonoid and then found out it was the switch. So check that too.

I had a similar occurance with my 96 XP 800. I was out for 17 minutes when my battery light came on. If you disconnect your negative lead and just touch it to it's battery post, does it give a rather noticeable spark? That's what mine did and it turned out to be my stator. My battery light would come on every time I touched the start/stop button even after buying new electronics for it. Once I replaced the stator all was well.

Thread Information