Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    t_hoang02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    410

    Impeller pitching guage??

    I want to start trueing and pitching my own impellers and save money... Does anyone know where i can buy an Impeller pitching guage or how to make one??


  2. #2
    MIARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    1,430

    Prop pitching for dummies

    This is something that I would also like to learn how to do. It's not so much to save money. I simply would like to know and understand how to truely pitch the props and understand what needs to be down to reach the target rpm. I've read the tutorial in the How To's, but i need more of a prop pitching for dummies.

  3. #3
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by t_hoang02 View Post
    I want to start trueing and pitching my own impellers and save money... Does anyone know where i can buy an Impeller pitching guage or how to make one??
    How to:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...pitch+guage%22

    http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/Impeller_Pitch.htm Buy, $99.

    Here is link to Hydrotoys 'make one yourself':
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7033
    Download the leading.doc and trailing.doc.

    And there is a version from Beerdart in the thread too.
    Last edited by lafjax; 06-19-2008 at 12:32 PM.

  4. #4
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Wow, thanks. I cant believe you can find stuff like this here...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    You can do it acurately with a dial/digital caliper also if you know trigonometry.

  6. #6
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    Wow, thanks. I cant believe you can find stuff like this here...
    LOL, just takes a little looking...

  7. #7
    We should all push for jawz to offer an online prop pitching course for us. What do you guys think? Two nights a week for a hour or so. Professor Jeff....hmm, I like it! I'd take it.

  8. #8
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    You can do it acurately with a dial/digital caliper also if you know trigonometry.

    Um, yeah, ahem, us folk were going to do that too, but this way is funner!

  9. #9
    MIARider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    1,430
    Thanks Larry. ive read this a few times, i think i need more of hands on, and have someone watch me do it, and guide me as I go along.

    a suggestion for next year at MB, Lets have a prop pitching class with hands on during one of the parking lot parties. or even at trophy party.

    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    How to:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...pitch+guage%22

    http://www.watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/Impeller_Pitch.htm Buy, $99.

    Here is link to Hydrotoys 'make one yourself':
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7033
    Download the leading.doc and trailing.doc.

    And there is a version from Beerdart in the thread too.

  10. #10
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    Thanks Larry. ive read this a few times, i think i need more of hands on, and have someone watch me do it, and guide me as I go along.
    a suggestion for next year at MB, Lets have a prop pitching class with hands on during one of the parking lot parties. or even at trophy party.
    Great idea!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB WTB 160mm impeller pitch guage
    By BPnta in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 07:37 AM
  2. WTB WTB 160mm impeller pitch guage
    By BPnta in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
  3. WTB Impeller pitch guage
    By RNX in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:51 AM
  4. Want to loan a impeller pitch guage?
    By jgustman in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 08:17 AM
  5. How to Check Impeller Pitch With Pitch Guage
    By johnD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •