Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help on Fuel Line and Filter

Ok upon endless driving ( did about 200 km's) went to about 12 different stores I picked up some fuel supplies for my change over (sorry the yellow fuel lines I was gunna grab was single wall no name it wasn;t even the same manufacturer as the original blue stuff))

This is what I picked up and I hope to h*** it will work and guys I want yer honest opinion if this stuff is ok to use

The original filters on my ski are in fact the ORIGINALS installed they were NEVER changed the fuel line was inspected by most of the places ( about 65% of them said its time to change it)

in Picture one is a shot of the Hose Id's ( Made by Tempo products company)
    -question is is this suitable for this ski

Picture 2 is a shot of the actual layout inside of it
    its dual wall semi ridged nylon braid reinforced Hose

Picture 3 is the new stuff ( on the left) beside the original old hose (on the right

picture 4 is of the ONLY filter I (and them) could find big enough that said should work beside the original Yellowed and aged Filter

Picture 5 is where Im starting to worry, there both 1/4 inch but the actual flow hole is smaller then the original...

P.S. This stuff was purchased through a Sea-Turd Dealer and it was quite funny when he asked why I'm keeping it ( The Sl750) and tried to sell me a used floating turd (Picture will be added on the next post)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0205.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	870.4 KB 
ID:	78498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0206.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	872.5 KB 
ID:	78499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0207.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	848.0 KB 
ID:	78500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0203.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	874.2 KB 
ID:	78501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0204.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	854.7 KB 
ID:	78502  
    Last edited by Feral; 06-19-2008 at 12:08 PM.

here is the Ski he tried to sell me for $25k+
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_061908_001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	78515  

+1
    Nothing wrong with the line, just be sure to replace it before it starts deteriating (I'm guessing a few years).
    I don'tlike the universal filters but if you cut the smaller step (nipple) off you should have a larger diameter, if not order a good in-line filter.

Randy at Watcon will ship your way and I'm sure your local dealer will stock the 1/4" filter.

+1
    Your in line filter is not tapered so the diameter is smaller but you can use it, I just prefer the proper size and larger filter Polaris offers.

Which line were you referring to the old or the new, the new stuff is the Grey covered Hose, the old stuff is actually flaking on the ouside, really REALLY soft in some spots and one hose is actually blistered if you press you can feel the fuel go back into the center...

Im praying tho you wern't referring to the Grey hose that I will have to replace in a few years this stuff is actually what the bombardier Dealer uses on there skis, I checked its the same as whats installed in theres, and what it cost me a foot is killer.. I would rather of been sacked x.x

the filteres were relitively cheap problem is the next size up was 1/2 inch no barb Glass cased replaceable micron filters that had to be plumbed into a flared metal ended supply line... the rest were half the size of these.. I was looked at funny by most of these dealers due to Sea-Turds not having inline filters and the closest Polaris dealer to me wanted $100+ for 15feet of stock fuel line and 2 factory filters .. like I said if I've ever met a crook hes the Biggest I've met in my LIFE

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Which line were you referring to the old or the new, the new stuff is the Grey covered Hose, the old stuff is actually flaking on the ouside, really REALLY soft in some spots and one hose is actually blistered if you press you can feel the fuel go back into the center...
    I have no doubt the old black stuff is garbage due to age.
    The new Tempo grey stuff has been known to fall apart as well, be sure to check it in a few years.

Im praying tho you wern't referring to the Grey hose that I will have to replace in a few years this stuff is actually what the bombardier Dealer uses on there skis, I checked its the same as whats installed in theres, and what it cost me a foot is killer.. I would rather of been sacked x.x

the filteres were relitively cheap problem is the next size up was 1/2 inch no barb Glass cased replaceable micron filters that had to be plumbed into a flared metal ended supply line... the rest were half the size of these.. I was looked at funny by most of these dealers due to Sea-Turds not having inline filters and the closest Polaris dealer to me wanted $100+ for 15feet of stock fuel line and 2 factory filters .. like I said if I've ever met a crook hes the Biggest I've met in my LIFE
    It'd be worth ordering the stuff from Randy next time. Good fuelline is relatively inexpensive and the filters are only a few bucks each.
    Have you checked with mccaster-carr??

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    It'd be worth ordering the stuff from Randy next time. Good fuelline is relatively inexpensive and the filters are only a few bucks each.
    Have you checked with mccaster-carr??

heres the prob and its a catch-22... This ski must but ready for next Wednesday when its been shipped up north on Flatbed tow truck (waiting for the new ownership for the trailer/ski to arrive before they will reissue another plate for the trailer ( yeah yeah BS canadian laws).. where its/I'm going the only marine person around is the AHRRRM crook the 2 marina's local sell pretty much 1970's boats and parts :P I asked if they had a 1 inch drainplug there like huh 1 inch whats that, i've never seen one that big...I dun have 2 weeks to wait for them to receive payment and/or wait for the stuff to arrive ( no postage services at all up at the cottage either)

I had to get the seller ( a GH member) to bump the shipping of my Fuelpump, Sender, Cylindercap and Selector from standard mail to express/air and thump the $$ for it due to my first Bank draft gone missing :/ another was reissued and mailed 2 days ago and Im praying he got it..

I had the flatbed Booked now for over a week prepaid so I can't delay it this is why I grabbed that stuff, he told me it ( The grey Fuel hose) was actually better then the line I had already installed for dependancy and longevity...

uhh this skis gunna give me a heart attack, everyone knows I fixed it and got it running and I keep getting hints from them if im bringing it up x.x
    I honestly NEVER realized how spicific and specialized everything on it IS

as a joke I took the mini noose from my rearview mirror and tied it to the tow hole on the back of the Ski and said any more problems im usin it

Now I have a real headache just thinking of that x.x $4.59 a foot x15 feet................

$4.59 x 15 = 68.85 x .14(14% tax) = $9.64
    $68.85 + 9.64 = $78.49 (total for Fuel line)

$78.49 + $40 (Fuel for the van) + $15 ( 2 Inline filters which are useless )

= One Big F***ing headache ($133.49 for something that will have to be changed in a few years ( Where the hells that noose)

I would of been better with the single wall Yellow no name brand then x.x it would of only cost me $1.15 a foot ( the thickness of the wall is about 2 mm max)

I chose the grey stuff From the following test, Spin the Hose into a loop and pull ( see if it collapses/kinks),
    grab the Hose and Bend at a sharp 90 and see how much restriction on the flow, Pinch it see if it restrics and step on it.. not once did this hose restrict enough to see any problems.. x.x I did a sharp 90 on the old hose and the outer cover split exposing the core of the hoses and the reinforced braid

be back in a bit im gunna go lay on the couch and burry my head in the pillows (this hose is cut to length so its non returnable
    Last edited by Feral; 06-19-2008 at 01:45 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Now I have a real headache just thinking of that x.x $4.59 a foot x15 feet................

$4.59 x 15 = 68.85 x .14(14% tax) = $9.64
    $68.85 + 9.64 = $78.49 (total for Fuel line)

$78.49 + $40 (Fuel for the van) + $15 ( 2 Inline filters which are useless )

= One Big F***ing headache ($133.49 for something that will have to be changed in a few years ( Where the hells that noose)

I would of been better with the single wall Yellow no name brand then x.x it would of only cost me $1.15 a foot ( the thickness of the wall is about 2 mm max)

I chose the grey stuff From the following test, Spin the Hose into a loop and pull ( see if it collapses/kinks),
    grab the Hose and Bend at a sharp 90 and see how much restriction on the flow, Pinch it see if it restrics and step on it.. not once did this hose restrict enough to see any problems.. x.x I did a sharp 90 on the old hose and the outer cover split exposing the core of the hoses and the reinforced braid

be back in a bit im gunna go lay on the couch and burry my head in the pillows (this hose is cut to length so its non returnable

LOL Don't do the math, install it, have a good time and check it in a few years.

ok so "SHOULD" I run the new Filters or no ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information