Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riva Problems

+1

Riva Problems

Last September I bought a GTXSC Stage 1 from Riva (before I found this site). To make a long story short, I messed up the pump housing and had to order a new one, again from Riva. I ended up getting a complete pump with wear ring and impeller as a bolt on unit, giving me a second NEW impeller. I was int he middle of moving into a new house, and the impeller got lost in the shuffle. I called Riva to see if they would still take my new/unused impeller back. They said they would, to just write the 4-digit code on all sides of the box. I did. I mailed it back and they only reimbursed 80% of the total. Riva said: by writing on the box, that they would not be able to resell the impeller, and that Solas charged the the 20% restaocking fee. To me, this would only be fair if I knew to ship the impeller in its box, and place it in a larger box. That seems wrong to me. I followed their directions, and played their game. Now I am being penalized. The penalty...$43.

I asked them for some help and they caught an attitude with me, like I should have known better...They asked if I would buy a new impeller that had someone else's shipping info, and scribbles everywhere. Obviously, I would not...but damn! It works out that I am paying $43 for an impeller box. Whats to give?

Any suggestions, tips, or smart remarks?

Sorry about your misfortune with Riva. The problem is that they told you via a phone call, which they can always dispute. Email is the way to go and can't be disputed... Ron

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    ... They said they would, to just write the 4-digit code on all sides of the box. I did...
    And I would have, too!

Sometimes businesses forget that we as consumers don't know all the tricks of the trade. Riva's business involves knowing EVERYTHING about shipping procedures... my business doesn't, so why would I doubt directions like these.

And before someone throws up the "common sense" flag, it would also be common sense for Riva to instruct the consumer to put "the box" in another box.

Heck... I would have probably marked the original box before I stuck it in the second box

jmo

+1
    That 13/20r impeller runs $300 or so. I paid $220 for it. They reimbursed my credit card $175 or so.

$175...I could have sold that in the classifieds to someone that needed one and didn't have the money for full price. If I would have known.

By the way. The guys from Riva at Mudbug...where any of them named Bryan? That is who I have been dealing with at Riva, and he seems to be off until July. I never did talk to the Riva guys.

Not sure if I can dispute the charge from September of 2007. Not sure I can dispute a reimbursement either. SCREWED.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    That 13/20r impeller runs $300 or so. I paid $220 for it. They reimbursed my credit card $175 or so.

$175...I could have sold that in the classifieds to someone that needed one and didn't have the money for full price. If I would have known.

By the way. The guys from Riva at Mudbug...where any of them named Bryan? That is who I have been dealing with at Riva, and he seems to be off until July. I never did talk to the Riva guys.

Not sure if I can dispute the charge from September of 2007. Not sure I can dispute a reimbursement either. SCREWED.
    When you wanna speak with someone that know's their chit, call and ask for Vinny, Billy or Tony in Parts.. Top notch people.. I know this doesn't help your situation now but use them in the future..

I don't understand why you marking the box turns the product into a used one? If I owned a business I would just get another box, sell the product again and reimburse the customer 100%

I'd call Riva and ask why they are charging me $43 for a box, and offer to pay the $1.50 for a new one, happy customers come back, pissed off ones don't and write about it on the internet......it should be a no brainer

+1
    I hear ya. The plan is to speak with Jerry. I have been using him since I found the site. Save 10% on Riva AND help him/the site out. win-win.

+1
    I know...I end up paying $45 for a small box...and I said that...probably to Vinny, Billy or Tony in Parts. lol

The bad part is/was...The second guy that came on the line, was talking to me like I was a moron. Hell, I followed their instructions. I may go post my initial thread on their forums...see what I get. Stir the pot a bit.

Maybe you could ask for someone to send you a new box "from their forum"... Ron

I can understand the frustration.

having done a number of RMAs I know the RMA number goes on the outside of the box.

With that said I can understand both sides.

Unfortuanately most times the seller wins these issues and the buyer ends up with frustration

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information