Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Gas can storage on RXP-X??

There is a large pocket in the styrofoam just in front of the storage bucket. I've got a couple of cans that almost fit in there, but don't. Has anyone found a brand/style of 2+ gallon can that will fit without cutting away the foam? I might have to cut, and that's OK, just wanted to see if there was something that fit.

What's that space designed for, anyway? Looks like they molded it for a purpose.

Some guy did that down here off Marco Island. They found pieces of him and his Sea-Doo all over the place. I wouldn't recommend fuel containers in your hull that aren't your fuel tank.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There is a large pocket in the styrofoam just in front of the storage bucket. I've got a couple of cans that almost fit in there, but don't. Has anyone found a brand/style of 2+ gallon can that will fit without cutting away the foam? I might have to cut, and that's OK, just wanted to see if there was something that fit.

What's that space designed for, anyway? Looks like they molded it for a purpose.

The styrofoam keeps you floating..Ever put Gas on styrofoam? They don't go we'll with each other Please no gas cans in the hull

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post

Yea What is this cut out in the foam designed to hold....You are right it is cut out for something.......I wonder if its for Dry Bag or SEA-Doo's emergency kit for like $1000.00 J/K but I did notice they wanted $130 for there life jacket and it isn't even 100mph impact rated.....

Quote Originally Posted by windsor View Post
    Some guy did that down here off Marco Island. They found pieces of him and his Sea-Doo all over the place. I wouldn't recommend fuel containers in your hull that aren't your fuel tank.
    wow that doesn't sound too pleasant....

Ziggy,
    is the cut out/plastic container for the fire extinguisher your talking about?

Fire extinguiser is on the left side looking in this opening is big and on the right side I will try to take a pic and put it up...Sorry ziggy for stealing....

+1
    Yeah I've heard all of the scarey stories on carrying fuel. Been doing it on GSX, RX, RXP for a LOT of years. Inside, outside, and in the storage bucket. Only approved containers in excellent condition, etc... Please don't worry about me. I knew this thread would stir some controversy, a topic that always does - like night riding

If I had fuel leaking on the styrofoam (yes I know what it's for ) I'd have bigger issues than melting

If the storage pocket is for something useful, then I won't cut it away. Can't find anything on Sea-Doo.com

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    Fire extinguiser is on the left side looking in this opening is big and on the right side I will try to take a pic and put it up...Sorry ziggy for stealing....
    I am a little lost in this topic. The fire extinguisher is in the middle, it slides in with the tool kit. Are we talking about an RXP-X? I always put 2 gallons of race fuel up front all the time and mix it at the marina never thougt about exploding. I guess I should rethink this.

The RXP-X has the fire holder kit tube on the left then directley in the middle you can access the bow Eye right next to it in the foam is a perfect cut out for something.....

Last edited by phoenixcustoms; 06-20-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: to add pic

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    The RXP-X has the fire holder kit tube on the left then directley in the middle you can access the bow Eye right next to it in the foam is a perfect cut out for something.....
    Looks good for something, doesn't it? A little taller & it'll fit one of my 2+ jugs perfect...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information