Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

130km race sho quicker than rxp-x

Hi there, I run the marine workshop at a yamaha dealership in South Africa, Ride a Blue SHO with minor mods.

We ran a 130km race on the vaal river in south africa last weekend, the sho was over a distance of 110km, 4min ahead of the closest rxp-x.(then ran out of gas) at an altitude of 1800m above sea level, with minor mods, the sho has definately got huge potential.

+1
    so the sho is fast but drinks more juice than the rxp-x....

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    And the potential for a HUGE 92 octane thirst.. Itll drink it like its free. Its a big ass 4-banger. What do people expect??
    Last edited by jtskier11; 06-20-2008 at 10:23 AM.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geofanson View Post
    Hi there, I run the marine workshop at a yamaha dealership in South Africa, Ride a Blue SHO with minor mods.

We ran a 130km race on the vaal river in south africa last weekend, the sho was over a distance of 110km, 4min ahead of the closest rxp-x.(then ran out of gas) at an altitude of 1800m above sea level, with minor mods, the sho has definately got huge potential.
    time for a bigger fuel cell....plenty of room in there....SHO definitely has huge potential.....NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.......maybe thats why THE SEA DOO GUYS, even tho their faster.....constantly come over to the yamaha forums to talk sh-t about yamaha. My guess is their pissed that we're happy with our ski's............

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    time for a bigger fuel cell....plenty of room in there....SHO definitely has huge potential.....NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.......maybe thats why THE SEA DOO GUYS, even tho their faster.....constantly come over to the yamaha forums to talk sh-t about yamaha. My guess is their pissed that we're happy with our ski's............
    You know Rip, no offense but I have been reading your posts lately and all you do is create S***. Your probably the MOST bias, yamaha-favored, person on the forum. You have everything good to say about yamaha, yet dont point out any problems. But point out all the problems on seadoos but not one good thing. Maybe I can make it clear to you (since you can't figure it out on your own), that every ski out there has its goods and bads, but doesn't necessarily make one BETTER than the other. It's all about personal preference. Just want to make it clear that stock for stock an ALL seadoo musclecraft are faster than the SHOs.

Edit-Just because people have a seadoo doesn't make them a SEADOO GUY either. I have had seadoos and yamahas, so what "category" does that put me in. Again my friend, all about personal preference. Have a good day my friend

+1
    :- Almost let myself get sucked into another useless fight. Anyways Stallion RipnTear is proud of his SHO & tired of people who come to put it down, i will leave it at that. As for the SHO do you own one? I have consistently been beat by a local rxp until the water gets a little rough, Never have I lost to an RXT or GTX for that matter. Beat 1 kawi 250 lost to another when it got really rough. So before you post, you should check your facts.

jim
    Last edited by jpack; 06-21-2008 at 12:49 PM.

+1
    JTSkier I fear you will be proven correct once the ECU gets released, any SHO owners who go that route will have to think about having a fuel barge to follow them around to go more than 40 miles @wot. But if thats what you are into, it is going to be interesting to see how the SHO responds.

As for that race, the SHO pilot must have made a refueling error because neither boat @ wot is capable of going that distance without refueling.

Jim
    Last edited by jpack; 06-21-2008 at 12:52 PM.

minor mods or not the sho is not going to beat rxpx.

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    :- Almost let myself get sucked into another useless fight. Anyways Stallion RipnTear is proud of his SHO & tired of people who come to put it down, i will leave it at that. As for the SHO do you own one? I have consistently been beat by a local rxp until the water gets a little rough, Never have I lost to an RXT or GTX for that matter. Beat 1 kawi 250 lost to another when it got really rough. So before you post, you should check your facts.

jim
    Well before you come at me, just do me the favor and not get involved. It is GREAT that he is proud of his SHO and there is absolutely nothing wrong, but to try and bring about shame to Seadoos and their owners, that's not right at all. OK The SHO is slower than The X skis and an RXP, and RXT is slower than the SHO fine. I would just appreciate it if you not bud in to this. Nothing wrong with pride, just don't abuse it to insult others. Thanks.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Im not downing it. But I think some people are gonna be freaking pissed with how much fuel that thing drinks with more boost and agressive timing. That is all!

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    JTSkier I fear you will be proven correct once the ECU gets released, any SHO owners who go that route will have to think about having a fuel barge to follow them around to go more than 40 miles @wot. But if thats what you are into, it is going to be interesting to see how the SHO responds.

As for that race, the SHO pilot must have made a refueling error because neither boat @ wot is capable of going that distance without refueling.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information