Thread: Valve Hoses

Valve Hoses

Alright the hoses on my rave valves for my 2000 XP are coming off. Actually one is off and the other is loose. Its not the hose the brass nipples are actually coming out of the valve body and I cant get them to stay in. What are these hoses for? I really believe I should be getting more power out of this thing. It doesn't have a lot of pull and it wont hit the power band like I feel it should also it will only top out at like 40 MPH any help would be great thanks!

Those nipples are for the vacuum that opens yuor rave valves. If they dont open its like running to small of an exhaust when you are wide open and you are limiting your power. I have never tried it but they have plastic covers so I would imagine they dont get real hot, I would put some Gorilla Glue on the nipples and glue them back into the body of the rave valve so they stay and do not leak. Thats just me though maybe someone else will have a better fix

+1
    Clean area & use loctite.

Loctite worked great no more loose hoses! Still dont have that higher rpm. Just got 2003 XPDI according to the specs it has just as much horse power so I will compare the two and share with you all. After I Figure I might need to clean rave valves check hose that loops under motor check bellows and switch if I still am having problems.

Pull the caps and springs and go ride if the RPM increases the valves are not opening. Ignore the Bog you get with the caps off its from the valves being open to soon.

Definately going out sunday I will test ride check RPM then remove the caps and springs and try again to see what I can get. Should I leave both the cap and spring off or just take the spring off and put the cap back on? Will post result ASAP

Well took the 2003 xpdi out and it hit an easy 63 MPH. Should the 2000 XP go that fast? they both have the same horse power, someone fill me in thanks guys!

Master of the Dooniverse
    they should turn comparable rpm and the 2000 carb run a mph faster or so.

the pressure form the crankcase to the raves is positive, not negative.....it pushes, no vacuum. there's acheck valve in line to ensure that.

you need ot knwo your compression. most important numebr you can have. if compression is good we look elsewhere. could be a host of things at this point from electronics to fuel system. could be somethign in the driveline or just a controls issue.

the speedo is not a good indicator of engine function. let us know what rpm you are turning.

I will check that out tomorrow when I take the skis out again. Just to make sure I'm doing the compression check right, The throttle needs to be wide open and the ski needs to be at operating temp right? i did it the other day and didn't open throttle and the ski was cold got around 100 PSI if I remember right. i will also try the valve spring thing and also compare rpms, thanks for the info!

Thread Information