help 95 raider 700 bogging

I have a 95 rave raider 700 and having some problems out of it. its having a problem getting it to run wide open. the bike takes of fine and runs up to about 4500 rpms then wont go no faster. Its like its about 1/4 throttle and if you hold it wide open its just boggs a little.its at a good cruising speed but when you open it up it dont do nothing until you hop it out the water of hit a small wave and I guess cavatate the pump. then will jump wide open until you let out the throttle again. then you have to cavatate it again to make it go. do you have any idea what the hell is going on? the carb jets are 67.5 smalls and 120and130 mains (twin carbs) new rubber diaphragms on jet side, 1.5 needle seats 35 psi pop off. Ive adjusted the adjusters every which way no help with problem was make run worse. the compression is 125 on each cylinders. any advice would be vary appreciated

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by athamm View Post
    I have a 95 rave raider 700 and having some problems out of it. its having a problem getting it to run wide open. the bike takes of fine and runs up to about 4500 rpms then wont go no faster. Its like its about 1/4 throttle and if you hold it wide open its just boggs a little.its at a good cruising speed but when you open it up it dont do nothing until you hop it out the water of hit a small wave and I guess cavatate the pump. then will jump wide open until you let out the throttle again. then you have to cavatate it again to make it go. do you have any idea what the hell is going on? the carb jets are 67.5 smalls and 120and130 mains (twin carbs) new rubber diaphragms on jet side, 1.5 needle seats 35 psi pop off. Ive adjusted the adjusters every which way no help with problem was make run worse. the compression is 125 on each cylinders. any advice would be vary appreciated

andrew
    Check your ground....

i know this may sound easy but how old are ur spark plugs they should be changed every season and if u use engine fogging when u winterize the plugs will be fouled. if u have not put new plugs in for this problem give it a try.

Thread Information