Help Please XLL1200

Hi all - I am trying to replace catconv with dplate and I got the stinger almost out and got the dplate in but I can not get the stinger back in! That thing is impossible!!

Also I am trying to install the pump kit but the screws on the ride plate just turn and never get loose. Inside the ski is not nuts, instead they are like thread caps sealed in silicone. Anyone else have this problem?? How do I get the ride plate off??

Thanks!!

place vice grips onto the inserts as for the stinger its like tetris it will eventionlly go in try removing the mounting brackets first

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    I had a harder time getting the stinger out then back in, it did give me some trouble but it went back in with some patience. Mine is currently out, but I hope to get it back in tomorow after the carb rebuild.

As for the ride plate sounds like you broke the inserts loose and once you get it off will need a ride plate insert bracket. I have heard the island racing ones are good, but have no personal experience with them, mine are still stock.

http://islandracing.net/xllxlt.html

Brent

Quote Originally Posted by reddo View Post
    place vice grips onto the inserts as for the stinger its like tetris it will eventionlly go in try removing the mounting brackets first
    What about the bolts in the back of the ski that hold the ride plate on? Those are spinning also. How can I get to where they are from inside the ski? Thanks

There is no winter in Hawaii! tnerb's Avatar
    I can see all mine, but mine is a XLT and I am not sure of the differences. I know the GP guys have a harder time, maybe someone can chime in.

I went out and took some pictures of mine and I have not really looked them before but it looks like on mine they missed the inserts with the epoxy goop. Take a look and let us know if your hull and bolt locations are the same as my XLT.

I have found that a digital camera can get lots of places that your head can't so to see something. If you have a camera stick it down next to the pump tunnel and take a picture.

Brent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0914.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	78887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0917.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	78888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0919.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	78889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0920.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	78890  

i found that the trick to getting the stinger back in was to switch sides of the hull when i got stuck. the different perspective seemed to help.

Thread Information