sltx 1050 chugging

Took the 1050 out today - ran fine in the driveway but as soon as I got to the dock and tried to start it clicked and I had no power and no MFD display. After fooling with the battery cables the display came back and it started up fine. Left the dock and ran great for about 5 minutes - hit some wake, the display went out and I lost power again. After fooling around with the battery cables it started but no MFD display and now when running it chugs and will not reach full power. It chugs when getting up and then I can run at low speed ok but give any more throttle and it starts chugging again. Put it back on the trailer and brought it home and cleaned and reconnected battery cables. It will start but still no MFD display. Is this a short somewhere?

Probably blew the Tube fuse inside the electrical Box.. the MFD fuses are very low amperage and pop easy

Would this also explain the chugging and loss of power or does the fuse just affect the display?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismc View Post
    ...After fooling with the battery cables the display came back and it started up fine. Left the dock and ran great for about 5 minutes - hit some wake, the display went out and I lost power again. After fooling around with the battery cables it started but no MFD display and now when running it chugs and will not reach full power.
    ...brought it home and cleaned and reconnected battery cables...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismc View Post
    Would this also explain the chugging and loss of power or does the fuse just affect the display?
    Did you clean BOTH ends of both battery cables, especially the engine ground?

The MFD fuse only affects the display, and will not affect engine operation.

Use an ohm-meter, with the battery positive disconnected, to confirm ZERO ohms between the black wires in the electrical box, and the battery negative post (not the battery negative cable, the actual battery negative post).

Is this battery new?
    Any possibility the battery has internal damage?

Do you have good spark on all cylinders?

Thread Information