Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lawn mowers

+1

Lawn mowers

Anyone on here a small engine mechanic? Lawn mowers, weed eaters, ETC.
    Iam having issues with my Murray lawn mower with a 17.5 tecumseh engine!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Anyone on here a small engine mechanic? Lawn mowers, weed eaters, ETC.
    Iam having issues with my Murray lawn mower with a 17.5 tecumseh engine!
    Yes,what prob are you having????

+1
    Running lean! At high speed or any speed governer cycles to richen carb up and spits out the exhaust while doing it. I can remove the air filter and stuff a rag in there completely to shut off air supply then it will smooth out and run right. Pulled carb removed float bowl all seems fine in the bowl sprayed carb cleaner in all passages reassembled and it still does the same thing.
    Oringially this carb had a float bowl with the electric solenoid to shut off the fuel but I replaced it with one that doesnt. Just has me baffeled at this point any help?
    Thanks

+1
    Running lean! At high speed or any speed governer cycles to richen carb up and spits out the exhaust while doing it. I can remove the air filter and stuff a rag in there completely to shut off air supply then it will smooth out and run right. Pulled carb removed float bowl all seems fine in the bowl sprayed carb cleaner in all passages reassembled and it still does the same thing.
    Oringially this carb had a float bowl with the electric solenoid to shut off the fuel but I replaced it with one that doesnt. Just has me baffeled at this point any help?
    Thanks
    You need to use a small wire to clean the passages in the jet and carb itself while bowl is off then spray carb cleaner through the passages followed by high pressure(air hose)..Aslo make sure there is no air leak between carb and block(intake tube)...It is poss that the carb needs to be soaked in solvent for several hours to be properly cleaned...

+1
    10-4
    All this started after I replaced the bowl the first time shortly afterwards it started acting up like this but not this bad! I replaced the bowl again and it staightened up again but now has gotten to this point. Still think the carb is the issue?

+1
    10-4
    All this started after I replaced the bowl the first time shortly afterwards it started acting up like this but not this bad! I replaced the bowl again and it staightened up again but now has gotten to this point. Still think the carb is the issue?
    Its sounds like the carb,if you want you can send it to me and i will go through it for you and if any parts are needed we should have them in stock...No labor charge,only parts if needed....When you start the engine spray carb cleaner around the intake tube where it bolts to the block and see if the rpms surge up and down an to make sure there is no leak before going through the carb again...

I've had to have my 1 yr old Temesch (spelling) worked on twice in a year. POS. Cant stand shady engine's! I'm taking a bat to it next time it takes a crap.

+1
    Iam pretty sure there is no leak there (intake and carb) will check again tho!
    Thanks for the offer let me do some work on it and if I fail again will contact you for shipping info and send your way.
    Thank you for the info and help!

+1
    Iam pretty sure there is no leak there (intake and carb) will check again tho!
    Thanks for the offer let me do some work on it and if I fail again will contact you for shipping info and send your way.
    Thank you for the info and help!
    Anytime,do about 8-10 carbs everyday all makes...Bad gas is norm the prob from sitting to long....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information