Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jet Works Control Valve

Just wondering how many people have installed these and what they think of them. Looking at getting one for my 1996 slt780

thanks

+1
    I have them on every one of my boats.

www.jetworks.net

The JETWORKS FLOW CONTROL VALVE provides improved throttle response and much quicker starts by drying out your water box at low rpm and idle speeds. Tests have shown an average acceleration improvement of 12 feet over a non-equipped model in the first 50 feet. The JETWORKS FLOW CONTROL VALVE allows unrestricted water flow to the stinger for better top speed. Yet it controls the amount of water at low speeds for better response. It also allows for an easier tuning of the carburetors. It does not interfere with normal engine or exhaust pipe cooling and is compatible with all electronic water injection systems.
    In a race start situation, the craft is under a slight load while waiting the start, water fills up the water box and exhaust hoses. Upon sudden acceleration all of this water must be forced out quickly before full exhaust flow can occur. During this time the craft feels a slight hesitation and/or sluggishness, especially when the water box is mounted up front and has a rear exhaust.
    The JETWORKS FLOW CONTROL VALVE improves response through turns when the throttle is let off for a split second. This dries out the water box while at the same time raising the water pressure slightly in the head pipe of the exhaust. This raised water pressure allows the water injection orifices and/or nozzles to work quicker and more effectively.
    Two models are available. Both are adjustable. The STANDARD JETWORKS FLOW CONTROL VALVE is preset at 3.5p.s.i. and is adjustable by adding the supplied stainless steel shims to increase the spring tension. The PRO-SERIES JETWORKS FLOW CONTROL VALVE is externally adjustable by turning the outer housing by hand. Pressure can be tested with a pop off gauge. Both models feature a positive sealing viton on metal seals with a precision calibrated, variable rate spring. This allows for true water flow and pressure management of multiple water lines and dedicated cooling line applications.

cool looks like something i would like to try...where are they installed?? Does anyone know of a place in canada where i can get one??
    Last edited by paramuir; 06-22-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Anyone?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    Anyone?
    Can you order it from Jetworks directly, or one of the Green Hulk supporting dealers?

BTW, I think there is one small downside to these valves.

Since the JetWorks Flow Control Valve cuts off cooling water spray into the exhaust system when at low engine speeds (which is how it is supposed to work), long idle times or no-wake zone speeds can cause the rubber parts in the exhaust system to get too hot.

One solution is to remember to burp the throttle enough every so often to push some water through the valve.

If other people may be riding your PWC from time to time, keep in mind that they might idle or slow cruise it for longer than you would, and might damage the rubber exhaust hoses.

Another solution is to install high temperature exhaust hoses, which are expensive.

This is the primary reason I have not installed one - too many slow zones where I ride, and other riders will be using them sometimes.
    Last edited by K447; 06-23-2008 at 11:11 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Can you order it from Jetworks directly, or one of the Green Hulk supporting dealers?

BTW, I think there is one small downside to these valves.

Since the JetWorks Flow Control Valve cuts off cooling water spray into the exhaust system when at low engine speeds (which is how it is supposed to work), long idle times or no-wake zone speeds can cause the rubber parts in the exhaust system to get too hot.

One solution is to remember to burp the throttle enough every so often to push some water through the valve.
    This is a good idea when running a two stroke carbureted boat so they don't load up as well.

Another solution is too install high temperature exhaust hoses, which are expensive.

The only one really needed is the coupler between the pipe and water box, I've not needed it when blipping the throttle.

+1
    I have one on each of my boats...one of the best value things you can do for low end/out of the hole improvements.

hmm some interesting arguments from both sides....

now i am undecided what to do.

Hi all.

I am not sure what ignition system you use but i use advent and i have used a spare relay output to control a solinoid which restricts the stinger.. so when i am going crusing i will set it to be on always, but when racing or out in high speed zones i set it at 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by peachypete82 View Post
    Hi all.

I am not sure what ignition system you use but i use advent and i have used a spare relay output to control a solinoid which restricts the stinger.. so when i am going crusing i will set it to be on always, but when racing or out in high speed zones i set it at 2500.

wow that sounds really advanaced....not sure if that is something i would beable to do on the good old 1996 skl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information