Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Jerry

Thanks Jerry

Ok, here's my situation.

I have a 04 black RXP and it is my 24th. ski. I have been heavily riding since 1978 and my my stand-up and jumping wave days are over. Right now the only thing that turns me on in the water is SPEED! I ride out of the South shore of Long Island,NY and live on the North shore. I often make my way around Manhattan 2 or 3 times a month during the summer to take a nice scenic ride. The most important thing to me is RELIABILITY. I currently have about 195 hours on my rxp and have pretty much taken care of the thing. It has NEVER let me down and runs like a raped ape. About a year and a half ago at about 120 hours I installed a PPG stage 1 kit and was very happy with that.I only picked up about a mile per hour, but the ski felt so much better. It was basically taking off the OPAS and putting in a 14/19 along with the PPG power-pipe and removing the resonator. I left the stock air intake in and said hell with it. I have been riding the ski with NO issues at all. I beat the hell out of the thing and it keeps going. I was waiting to see what the X would be like and my friend just picked one up. He has 12 hours on it now and we went for a race to see whats up. After about 5 or 6 1 mile runs in glass water, we were dead even! I started thinking a bit and was glad at the fact that I did NOT trade in my ski for the X. The dealer wanted like 9 grand and my ski to make it happen. I said No way!! I could see 4 grand or even 5, but 9, NO WAY.

So, thats when I called Jerry.

I talked to him and decided to install a new X charger along with a RRFPR as well as a Riva under seat air intake along with a Riva grate along with a new wearring along with a new 15/20(Repitched from Speedfreeks)

All I can say now is WOW!!! The ski has so much power and speed. Yesterday I raced my friend again with the X and I beat him good in glass water. I would have to say that I am in the 73 mph zone. I am seeing 8100 rpm with a full tank!! The thing feels sick! As far as getting an accurate speed reading, I dont like gps and only trust the radar gun. My brother has a stalker and shot me with the stage 1 at 69.8 mph about a year ago. As of yesterday looking at how I am going by that X, I would have to say that I am at least 73.0. I am not walking by him, I am Running by him!!

Right now I am Very happy with all of the mods so far. It seems to run fine. Yesterday I put it through the test by doing about 80 miles of riding from Glen Cove,NY to Manhattan,up to Yankee Stadium and down to the Brooklyn Bridge riding hard with NO issues at all. Its pulling like a rocket everywhere! Its amazing what a few mods will do to that ski. I feel that the mods have given the ski new life and put that thrill back into it.

Thanks Jerry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.22 001.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	78893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.22 002.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	78894  

Nice TT by the way I'v got a 04 spd yellow, and jerry and some others on here has my ski going over 83

same here, jerry is the speed doctor....if you want it, jerry can get it....

+1
    wow, thats awesome ! congrats on your new mods. Jerry is da man

thanks again Jerry. The ski is a whole different animal now.

+1
    Glad you're happy with your ski Kevin

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Glad you're happy with your ski Kevin
    gerry i hope i spell your name right, if not let me know, regards bill

+1
    Hi Bill, the correct spelling is Jerry but no worries as i have been called worse

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monsoonmadness View Post
    I often make my way around Manhattan 2 or 3 times a month during the summer to take a nice scenic ride.

Yesterday I put it through the test by doing about 80 miles of riding from Glen Cove,NY to Manhattan,up to Yankee Stadium and down to the Brooklyn Bridge riding hard with NO issues at all.
    That's interesting. I go to New York every year and the first I thing I do is look out at the water around Manhattan to see if I see anyone riding PWC, yet have never seen anyone. How are the waters out there and is it common to see people riding skis? My best friend and 35 year NYC resident says he never really sees anyone riding in the NYC area. Kinda ironic seeing how much water there is around there. I would love to ride out there with a bunch of other skis. That would be something else...

wehre fo u live on the northshore i got out of coldspring harbour?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information