Thread: PROBLEM

PROBLEM

I have a 1993 sea doo GTS. Was riding at the lake pulling a tube than all at once the bike slowed. At idle the bike propells its self through the water, but when giving it throttle it acts like it jurks like it wants to go than just slows. Ats acting like its pumping water out the nozzle but isn't moving through the water. Is there a bearing or bushing on the impeller ( like a boat ) that would go out causing this problem. Any Help

almost sounds like you sucked something up. Does it vibrate real bad when you give it gas?

Looking in the nozzle I donn't see anything other than the impeller and it looks good, no nicks or dings. There was a lot of sticks and bark type of stuff flooting in the water where we were at, could something have gotten in the intake grate and not through the impeller.

Yes, you need to remove the pump. I once had a piece of bark stuck on an impeller blade. I couldn't see it from the rear of the ski, but I could see it looking through the intake grate.

There is a thread in the how-to section about removing the pump, follow that.

Thank you for your help. I looked in the intake grate and there it is a stick that is stuck on the impeller about the size of my thumb. I'm going to try and unlodge it with only taking the intake grate off, I'll see if that works. Again thanks for the help.

Thread Information